Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Mi Amor Bici

Old 12-20-20, 05:31 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4331 Post(s)
Liked 3,955 Times in 2,644 Posts
Mi Amor Bici

I think I have figured out what I want next for a fixed gear:
https://www.rencycles.com/yarak

Davy Levy does awesome work and I have plans to order a seatpost and stem from him for another bike but I hadn't counted on him for getting real close to my dream at way cheaper and then last night I came across his Ren Yarak and I was smitten instantly. He also can do some custom work which I may end up doing because I really like the geometry of my Foundry and in a fixed gear road bike could be quite nice though the Yarak isn't bad geo wise either.

I thought maybe I should post it in case others are looking for a titanium fixed gear frame that won't totally demolish the bank and is made in 'MURICA. Also steel is real too. Dude does a lot of different companies including some automotive engineering as well. He is also a super nice guy. This of course is not a paid advert for him or anything like that, I just really liked the frame. Though if he is offering I wouldn't say no.
Old 12-20-20, 05:46 PM
Speedway2

Bikes: United Motocross BMX, Specialized Langster, Giant OCR, Marin Muirwoods, Globe Roll2, VROD:)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked 404 Times in 245 Posts
I'm afraid to check the price(s). My saving grace is that they probably won't be avail in Canada....so many Bikes, so little Time.
Old 12-20-20, 05:59 PM
reconnaissance

Bikes: Trek 850, Trek 510, Cannondale 300m, Specialized Rockhopper, Stumpjumper, Bianchi Virata

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 112 Times in 38 Posts
Impressive. I browsed the website and agree the build quality and thought put into the geometry choices is intelligent. I could see myself owning one.
Likes For reconnaissance:
Old 12-20-20, 06:12 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Originally Posted by Speedway2
I'm afraid to check the price(s). My saving grace is that they probably won't be avail in Canada....so many Bikes, so little Time.
His geared bikes like the Waypoint for example are $1,895.00 for handbuilt ti frame and $2,495.00 for same frame with carbon fork, WI or Chris King headset and BB. Not terrible at all sure not super cheap but considering handbuilt titanium by someone who has been doing it since the 80s it ain't bad. He probably would sell to you in Canadia if he can and he is not far across the border being in Portland, Oregon so if you are nearby you could pick it up yourself and go to Trader Joes and do all the 'Murica stuff they don't allow in Canada.
Old 12-21-20, 07:01 AM
Speedway2

Bikes: United Motocross BMX, Specialized Langster, Giant OCR, Marin Muirwoods, Globe Roll2, VROD:)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked 404 Times in 245 Posts
Very nice builds! Portland may be "close" to the Canadian border, however I'm still 2,700miles away.
Old 12-21-20, 07:34 AM
TugaDude

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked 612 Times in 447 Posts
I've never owned a titanium bike and probably never will, but I can definitely understand the appeal. There is a richness to the metal, a luster that just looks amazing in my opinion. Not having to worry about paint is an advantage and the beauty of the metal is accentuated by the juxtaposition of the polished and matte finishes. Just beautiful!

Then there are the beautiful brazed joints. Everything is crisp and tidy.

There's a lot to like there.
Likes For TugaDude:
Old 12-21-20, 12:23 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Originally Posted by Speedway2
Very nice builds! Portland may be "close" to the Canadian border, however I'm still 2,700miles away.
Fair dinkum there. Some Canadistanians do live near there sometimes. Ah well he still might be able to ship or you might find a bike shop that would ship to you?

T-Lab is in Montreal (which may be closer?) granted they don't list a fixed gear and use BB86 which is an odd press fit size. However they might be down to go custom? The company that owns them also make hockey poles for shooting hockey ground discs and said sorry in their FAQ in case you were questioning their Canadianity (even if it is in the French section).