Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Classes? in Michigan

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Classes? in Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-20, 09:35 AM
MadKaw

Bikes: 1977 Raleigh Super Course, 1993 Trek 8000, 2016 Diamondback Haanjo Comp, 2018 Marin B-17, 2018 Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Classes? in Michigan

I've been jonesing for a new MTB, but every time I found what I thought I wanted, it turned out to be out of stock. So I decided to spend time on what I've got. Now, my current bike is in no way deficient (Marin B-17 1), but you guys all know what the gotta-haves are like... Anyway, that brings me to my current problem.
This morning I had a great ride. The problem is that I took a trail that turned out to be beyond my current skill level and/or conditioning. In and of itself, sounds pretty normal. But this was a BLUE trail!
The conditioning I have figured out... from where I am, it's just ride more!
But skills... I definitely need help. Gentle, kind, forgiving help. I've been looking for classes or clinics in SE Michigan, not having any luck.

Suggestions?
Old 06-05-20, 05:09 PM
qclabrat

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked 70 Times in 63 Posts
Originally Posted by MadKaw
I've been jonesing for a new MTB, but every time I found what I thought I wanted, it turned out to be out of stock. So I decided to spend time on what I've got. Now, my current bike is in no way deficient (Marin B-17 1), but you guys all know what the gotta-haves are like... Anyway, that brings me to my current problem.
This morning I had a great ride. The problem is that I took a trail that turned out to be beyond my current skill level and/or conditioning. In and of itself, sounds pretty normal. But this was a BLUE trail!
The conditioning I have figured out... from where I am, it's just ride more!
But skills... I definitely need help. Gentle, kind, forgiving help. I've been looking for classes or clinics in SE Michigan, not having any luck.

Suggestions?
Not the best time for socializing but check your local bike shops. Also check out the IMBA site and look for certified instructors. I am fortunate to have had IMBA instructors and they have all been great. Not saying you need and IMBA coach, but it's a starting point. When I'm able, I have lessons planned with a former national ladies Enduro champ. There's lots of options, just not the best timing now.

https://www.imba.com/blog/imba-launc...cation-program
Likes For qclabrat: