Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

Circuit Training

Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Circuit Training

Old 03-14-06, 06:54 AM
Riderfan_lee
Year-round cyclist

Bikes: Oryx Equipe 50, Gary Fisher Cobia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Circuit Training

I was just wondering if anyone incorporated circuit training into their regular training regime with a focus on core muscles and aerobic fitness? I have done these before and have seen a lot of improvement in a short time and am looking at using this to compliment my on-the-bike training. If at an intense enough level, they can be considered interval training as well with adequate control of heart rate. Any thoughts?
Old 03-15-06, 10:50 AM
Riderfan_lee
Year-round cyclist

Bikes: Oryx Equipe 50, Gary Fisher Cobia

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'll bump this through one more time and then I'll let it go.
Old 03-15-06, 11:01 AM
Cycliste

Bikes: Surley LHT, Cannondale R1000, IBEX Ignition, Bianchi Boardwalk, KHS Milano Tandem

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I used to do some circuit training a few years ago, probably for a couple of years. It is a great overall conditioning, both for fitness and strength. I stopped doing it because of the high impact of some exercises.

I have taken-up spinning recently and intend to supplement with some exercises for the upper body, not sure yet of the program I will follow. But overall, any impact exercise is what I am trying to avoid.
Old 03-17-06, 11:09 AM
kfdh19

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I do circuit training on a regular basis, 3 times per week, alternating between two different programs. I find it a great compliment to my regular routine as it helps to fill any gaps that may have been left open. I typically, as you noted, focus on core and aerobic fitness in these sessions, and have found this to be an instrumental part of my overall conditioning level.
Old 03-20-06, 09:11 AM
sydeshowbob

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I do circuits as well alternating between 2 diff programs also. I dont use any weights.. all of my workouts are body weight workouts. It works good for me.. plus i figure if i cant lift my body weight for 3 sets of 12-15 reps then i don't deserve to go to weights... it has helped me out a bit.. i also do intervals on a bike to get the cardio in.