Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

2008 Madison sizing

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

2008 Madison sizing

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-09, 11:58 AM
gman26

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2008 Madison sizing

I'm looking at a 2008 Madison, either XS or S (30.7 vs 31.5 standover).

The 30.7 seems a real comfortable height (using a book as a gauge), so, if I did go with the 31.5, would it make a noticeable difference in the rest of the geometry? For example, the top tube length would be about 3/4" longer.

I know everyone is different, however, just looking for opinions and experiences; could that small of a difference in the seat tube length considerably affect the fit and ride of the bike?
Old 04-26-09, 12:39 PM
Nightdiver
On yer bike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Madisons seem to have a higher stand-over height relative to their size than other bikes. I'd pay more attention to the top tube length.