Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Lezyne Fans...

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Lezyne Fans...

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-10, 11:46 AM
2ndGen
CAADdict

Bikes: 2009 Cannondale CAAD9-?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Lezyne Fans...

I think I'm going to get all of my accessories from Lezyne
(except where another manufacturer produces a superior product).
They seem to really think things out and they seem to produce the
best quality accessories around and I find the prices very reasonable.

Anybody out there using their stuff?
Old 08-02-10, 11:56 AM
echappist
fuggitivo solitario

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
yes, the HPG frame pump.

gauge, check
pump tires to 110psi, check
easily fits on frame, check
Old 08-02-10, 12:26 PM
Kylerk

Bikes: Giant Defy Advanced 1 (2011), Santa Cruz Superlight (2000), Jamis Coda Comp (2009)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have two of their pumps - an Alloy Floor Drive (in blue), and I take along their Pressure Drive hand pump which attaches between my bottle cage and frame. To me the best thing about the Lezyne pumps is the Flip-Thread Chuck. Simple-, elegant-, design that works perfectly every time and is rock-solid. I've tried many and nothing comes close to these Lezyne pumps. I'll never go back to a pump with a non-threaded chuck.

Also, their customer service is excellent. I once used the Alloy Floor Drive to blow up one of those big Swiss therapy balls, and even though they are low-pressure I guess the shear size of it created some substantial back pressure that damaged something inside of the pump. I explained to them what happened and Lezyne replaced it free of charge with no questions asked.
Old 08-02-10, 12:35 PM
Joonstar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
one thing you shouldn't use with a lezyne road drive pump are lower quality inner tubes. My experience was with vredestein inner tube on which after unscrewing the valve attachment, the whole valve assembly came off from the inner tube.
Old 08-02-10, 12:41 PM
echappist
fuggitivo solitario

Originally Posted by Joonstar
one thing you shouldn't use with a lezyne road drive pump are lower quality inner tubes. My experience was with vredestein inner tube on which after unscrewing the valve attachment, the whole valve assembly came off from the inner tube.
it's not a lower quality tube. some tubes have removable stems while others (e.g. michelins) don't
Old 08-02-10, 12:48 PM
2ndGen
CAADdict

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
And...for all the Grammar Nazis...I know, I know. Lezyne, not Lezine.
Old 08-02-10, 01:06 PM
2ndGen
CAADdict

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
I'm looking at a saddle bag, portable pump, bottle cages (most likely the alloy set).

So far.

Old 08-02-10, 01:19 PM
dellwilson

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
I like their stuff. I've got the Pressure Drive that I move between my road bike and commuter. It works well.

I also keep a pair of the Sabre Levers in my panniers because my commuter is non-quick-release on the rear. I recently had to use those tire levers on a very tight wheelbarrow tire. They worked well.

I have one of their M-Caddys on my road bike carrying a Topeak Hexus 16, patch kit, CO2 regulator and canister, and spare tube. Tight fit.
Old 08-02-10, 01:22 PM
jwible
Draught

Bikes: N-1 where N = number needed

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a cnc floor pump and a frame pump. I bought a slip on chuck for the floor pump but have given up on that. It just doesn't stay on and seal very well. Everything else works very well.
Old 08-02-10, 01:33 PM
Bo-Ridley

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It's nice stuff and I would (and likely will) buy from them again but I have a story to relate. A couple of weeks ago my Rival RD was acting weird--but that's another story--so I stopped on the side of the road to work on it. I pulled my Lezyne mulit-tool out of my Lezyne seat bag and it was in several pieces. The screw that holds it together had loosened from the road vibrations. It's just a little strange to have to repair your tools.
Old 08-02-10, 01:35 PM
umd
Banned

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac SL2, Specialized Tarmac SL, Giant TCR Composite, Specialized StumpJumper Expert HT

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mcjimbosandwich
it's not a lower quality tube. some tubes have removable stems while others (e.g. michelins) don't
Yes, I found out the hard way that Lezyne pumps with their screw-on heads are not compatible with removable valve cores.
Old 08-02-10, 01:44 PM
bmw5nkj

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lezyne Microcaddy saddlebags are nice. They only wrap around the rails and no velcro on the seatpost, minimizing the chance of ripping your bibs.
Old 08-02-10, 02:09 PM
jwible
Draught

Bikes: N-1 where N = number needed

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by umd
Yes, I found out the hard way that Lezyne pumps with their screw-on heads are not compatible with removable valve cores.
It's often the core that's to blame. They're not torqued down very well. I've unscrewed a few cores inadvertently but once I put the core back in securely I didn't have any more problems.
Old 08-02-10, 02:43 PM
guadzilla
Pointy Helmet Tribe

Bikes: R5, Allez Sprint, Shiv

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked 627 Times in 295 Posts
Originally Posted by mcjimbosandwich
After inflating to 110psi 3 frigging times last Fri after a flat, and having my tire deflate each time I tried to unscrew the Lezyne hose from the valve, I ended up leaving the chuck on the valve for 20+ miles.

On the plus side... I inflated the tube to 110psi 3 times

V.
Old 08-02-10, 02:48 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
I've had to use my medium Pressure Drive a few times, now. Properly supporting yourself and the pump, I've had no problems getting my tires up to 110-115 psi. I'm very, very happy with it.
Old 08-02-10, 03:17 PM
Erik D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I like their stuff. They're a bit pricier than the others, but I have enough broken levers and worthless mini pumps to realize that you often get what you pay for. I have the road drive and carbon drive frame pumps, several sets of their alloy levers, and a couple of their mini tools. So far I have been happy with everything.
Old 08-02-10, 03:31 PM
mazdaspeed

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Joonstar
I just had this issue today. I just put some loc tite on the valve, problem solved
Old 08-02-10, 03:59 PM
RideIt

Bikes: Synapse

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have been using the Lezyne Steel Floor Drive pump for the past month, and it works great. Very solid build - wooden pump handle, thick/solid steel feet, nice long hose, accurate gauge, and the Flip-thread chuck works alot better for me then the lever style. Yes I would/will buy Leyzne products again.
Old 08-02-10, 04:15 PM
kergin

Bikes: 1994 Proctor Townsend Reynolds 753, TT S3 True North, Kona Major Jake, Kona Honky Tonk, Marinoni Puima, Cannondale BBU

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by backatit
It's nice stuff and I would (and likely will) buy from them again but I have a story to relate. A couple of weeks ago my Rival RD was acting weird--but that's another story--so I stopped on the side of the road to work on it. I pulled my Lezyne mulit-tool out of my Lezyne seat bag and it was in several pieces. The screw that holds it together had loosened from the road vibrations. It's just a little strange to have to repair your tools.
Not really. Most multi-tools will do this, which is why you use loctite on the nut & bolt that hold them together.
Old 08-02-10, 06:21 PM
92Esquire

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Have the V-5 in the saddlebag, my LBS should have my Pressure Drive M by Friday. So far I really like their design and execution. The V-5 is dinky compared to my old Topeak Hexus.
Old 08-02-10, 08:13 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,699 Times in 2,519 Posts
Originally Posted by 2ndGen
And...for all the Grammar Nazis...I know, I know. Lezyne, not Lezine.
FIFY -- I was searching for Lezyne the other day and couldn't remember how to spell it. I want one of their frame pumps, but I have a workable Road Morph so I'm not all that motivated to buy one.

If anyone ever has an embarrassing spelling error in the title of one of their threads, or is really annoyed by the spelling in the title of someone else's thread, report a post and ask for the thread title to be changed. I'll do it.
Old 08-02-10, 08:30 PM
SteveDave

Bikes: 2009 Rockhopper Comp Disc 29er

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How well do their pump mounts hold?
Old 08-02-10, 08:30 PM
mzeffex 

Bikes: Something Canadian, something Italian, something American, and something German

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 10 Posts
I have a multi tool. Pricey (~$45) but well made and shiny.
Old 08-02-10, 08:35 PM
Accordion

Bikes: 2011 Cannondale CAAD10

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by SteveDave
How well do their pump mounts hold?
I'm a major Lezyne fan. A year ago I had never heard of them but thanks to BF I started seeing a lot of glowing reviews. I have the Alloy Floor Pump and the Small Pressure Drive micro pump.

I use the Floor Pump every day. I love it. Thread on the chuck, pump up to 120psi and unthread. No issues. Gauge is accurate. Couldn't be happier.

The Pressure Drive is also awesome. Takes a lot of work to get to 100psi but it works and it does it without issue. I've had the water bottle shared pump mount and it's awesome. I leave my pump on it and seem to forget it's there. I have 2000 miles on my bike now and it's not loose at all. Solid as a rock and the velcro strap has never allowed the pump to rattle.

Again, I'm a big fan of Lezyne products and usually post in most Lezyne threads. They have a believer in me.
Old 08-02-10, 09:02 PM
echappist
fuggitivo solitario

Originally Posted by Accordion
I'm a major Lezyne fan. A year ago I had never heard of them but thanks to BF I started seeing a lot of glowing reviews. I have the Alloy Floor Pump and the Small Pressure Drive micro pump.

I use the Floor Pump every day. I love it. Thread on the chuck, pump up to 120psi and unthread. No issues. Gauge is accurate. Couldn't be happier.

The Pressure Drive is also awesome. Takes a lot of work to get to 100psi but it works and it does it without issue. I've had the water bottle shared pump mount and it's awesome. I leave my pump on it and seem to forget it's there. I have 2000 miles on my bike now and it's not loose at all. Solid as a rock and the velcro strap has never allowed the pump to rattle.

Again, I'm a big fan of Lezyne products and usually post in most Lezyne threads. They have a believer in me.
+1

I normally make do with middle of the road stuff (other than my Red shifters), but after having two valve stems broke off using my old minipump, i decided to go upmarket & couldn't be happier

as for the pump mount, it fits under the bottle cage & comes with an velcro strap to tie things down. my pump actually flew off once when i didn't tie it down, but it's fine otherwise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.