Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Dahon Speed 7 - 2007 or 2006

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-10, 05:08 PM
jumfish

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hi,

i'm thinking of buying a used dahon speed d7 xl, he say's it's an xl as well. is that possible? does that mean the component's are a higher end? he's selling it for $300 i'm thinking a bit steep for used but it's a dahon. it's my first folder, i have a 92 bridgestone hybrid and looking for a quick bike i can take on the train, put in the car and ride on the wharf. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thank you!
Old 09-12-10, 02:25 PM
SunnyFlorida

Bikes: Sun Miami Trike - 2007

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Go to the Dahon site. https://www.dahon.com. Look up what is considered xl (xtreme luxe) components to compare. He may have upgraded the bike with some of these components in the past. If so, what parts did he upgrade?

The Speed/D7 is largely considered a utility bike with some deluxe components but then I'm talking of the current Speed/D7. You're saying in your post that this Speed/D7 is 3 or 4 years old.

In the end, it's best to test ride the bike and find out what items he says are xl as oppose to deluxe as oppose to premium.

Also, he may have ridden the hell out of it and in that case $300 is way too much.

Check on Craig's list, Amazon and ebay to get a general idea of what a used Dahon goes for in general. Also check https://www.thorusa.com for any special deals.

With a little extra down you may be able to get a brand new Dahon instead of a used one.
Old 09-12-10, 03:48 PM
Dynocoaster 

Bikes: Too many....................

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Does it have a 7 speed hub or derailleur?