Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Rides and Events > Southeast Regional Rides and Events
Reload this Page >

Natchez Trace Century Ride Saturday May 2, 2020 Ridgeland MS

Notices
Southeast Regional Rides and Events Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Old 01-21-20, 06:43 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6177 Post(s)
Liked 4,794 Times in 3,306 Posts

https://www.bikesignup.com/Race/MS/R...aceCenturyRide

This is still the most organized and supported ride I've ridden. Last year the ride was just an out and back along the Natchez Trace. However so long as road construction doesn't interfere as it did last year, the ride should include routes to Pelahatchie, MS. And that will likely put 65 and 100 milers going up Ware Hill which will have many of us that don't regularly experience steep climbs on our rides ever so briefly wishing we had a lower gear.

The stops will have plenty of food and hydration to fit most any taste and some seem to become their own social event that will surely add a lot of minutes to your total ride time. The lunch at ride completion is usually pretty decent, beers generally can be found if you look for them. The evening meal and prize give-a-way is very often worth going to as well. Even if only to listen to the live music.

https://www.bikesignup.com/Race/MS/R...aceCenturyRide
Old 03-20-20, 04:23 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Just got email saying it's been re-scheduled for October 10, 2020.

Here is a copy/paste of the notice....

Ridgeland, MS
Sat May 2, 2020

USA Cycling has cancelled the permit for the Natchez Trace Century Ride, as well as all other events through May 3rd.

The well-being of our participants, employees and volunteers are our top priority so, the Natchez Trace Century Ride will be re-scheduled for October 10th, 2020. Participants will be able to transfer their registration to October 10th OR defer registration to May 1st, 2021. We are currently working with BikeSignUp (runsignup) to update registration information. Please allow us until next week to have these changes in place. We will email each participant with instructions on how to make changes when it becomes available.

Thank you so much for your patience as we make these changes and for supporting the Natchez Trace Century Ride.
Old 05-11-20, 09:28 PM
txtricrossryder

Location: In Baton Rouge, Louisiana for work, but home is Texas!

Bikes: 2010 Trek 3500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Ok that’s awesome. First I was like dang I missed it. Now I’m like yes, it’s been rescheduled!
Miss my 2006 Specialized Tricross Comp
Old 09-13-20, 07:10 PM
Sshaugen

Bikes: 2013 Specialized Tarmac

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have always wanted to get a crew together and ride the entire length of the Natchez Trace Parkway.
I figure a week averaging 60-70miles a day would get it done.
The idea would be for non-riding spouses to drive support vehicles and meet up each day for lunch and get the gear to the campsite.
There may be outfitters that coordinate rides like this.
Sounds like great fun to me
Old 09-15-20, 06:38 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

People cycle the full length of the Natchez Trace quite a bit. Some ride it in a hurry, some make a full week and more out of it. I only ride it locally to me, but quite often I'll see a group of two maybe four with panniers loaded up and going one way or the other. I'd favor starting in Tennessee and head toward Natchez if I ever get around to riding the full length myself.

Google on "cycling the Natchez Trace" and you can find info on it. Some that have done it have blogs and photos. Other sites list B&B's other lodging along with camping too. You only need a SAG vehicle if you want one or someone that doesn't care to cycle wants to tag along. There are plenty of cities and communities a few miles off the Trace to get most any thing you might need along the way.

Never seen anything organized to ride the full length. Though if someone could figure out a good way and reason to promote it might could be a thing for a time.
Likes For Iride01:
Old 09-15-20, 06:47 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

They did re-schedule the May 2 ride for October 10, 2020. Still time for those desiring to ride to sign up. https://runsignup.com/Race/MS/Ridgel...aceCenturyRide

BYOM !! probably need several.
Old 09-16-20, 02:04 PM
c_m_shooter

Bikes: Soma Pescadero, Surly Pugsley, Salsa Fargo, Schwinn Klunker, Gravity SS 27.5, Monocog 29er

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked 234 Times in 166 Posts
Originally Posted by Sshaugen
I have always wanted to get a crew together and ride the entire length of the Natchez Trace Parkway.
I figure a week averaging 60-70miles a day would get it done.
The idea would be for non-riding spouses to drive support vehicles and meet up each day for lunch and get the gear to the campsite.
There may be outfitters that coordinate rides like this.
Sounds like great fun to me
Support vehicles take a lot of the adventure out of it and can be quite a bore for the driver. See if you can arrange a ride on the Amtrak city of New Orleans train to Dyersburg TN and cycle south from there. Catch a train back home at the end.
Likes For c_m_shooter:
Old 09-16-20, 04:05 PM
Sshaugen

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I figure that if there are a few non-riding spouses, then they can go check out the little towns along the way and the shops or whatever. As long as they catch up for lunch, they can nap or do whatever they want. If a rider can't ride for some reason, there is SAG support.
Everyone gets a fun experience
Old 09-23-20, 07:41 PM
Sshaugen

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't suppose that anyone on here is interested in this kind of adventure.
Old 10-05-20, 05:45 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3653 Post(s)
Liked 5,391 Times in 2,736 Posts
I've done the Ridgeland ride several times in the past, though it's been awhile. I agree that it's well supported and IIRC the meal after was excellent. I live near the northern terminus of the Trace and many of us here tend to avoid it and think of it as boring. That said, I rode a solo century out and back on the Trace last week. Appreciated the smooth pavement and absence of 10+% climbs. It was still 5300 feet for the 102 miles but the grades are more gradual.
Old 10-08-20, 01:54 PM
Rhondito

Bikes: 2020 Giant Advanced Revolt 2; 2019 Cannondale Synapse; 2017 Cannondale Habit Lefty; 2010 Blue RD1 (retired)

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 16 Posts
FYI for anyone planning to participate - this ride has been postponed once again due to Hurricane Delta hitting our area this coming weekend.
New date is 10/17/20.
Likes For Rhondito: