Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

Peloton VS Nordictrack S22

Search
Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-20, 12:30 PM
gregster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Folks,

I’m a former fast roadie, (now a slow one) and since I’m not going back to my gym anytime soon, I’m looking to drop some $$ on an indoor training setup. My doctor swears by his Peloton, but he doesn’t ride a bicycle. I’ve seen info for the Nordictrack S22 but can’t find a place where I can actually see the darned thing. Note, my wife is sharing this also so we’re not looking at trainers you attach your bike to, we’re looking for the full spin bike.

Most people seem to love their Peloton along with their multitudinous live classes. Has anyone had experience with the Nordictrack. Nordictrack says they offer “Live Interactive Training” but I hear that live classes are far and few between. Do you know if that is indeeds the case? What has your experience been with Norditrack’s live (or prerecorded) classes and the s22?

Thanks so much

Greg
Old 08-26-20, 01:23 PM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Since your wife is involved, I'd go Peloton. They get great reviews for the classes and such from the devoted users. I know a few folks who are roadies and use them and they really like them. For me, spending that money it would be a deal breaker if there aren't a good amount of live classes.

Not my thing, but lots of roadies around me do use it and always have had good stuff to say.

I hate that Zwift doesn't have a pay option to add on a Peloton like live class for folks. Like, Zwift-live class add-on for $15 a month. Then a Wattbike or Kickr bike would serve double duty for a roadie and a person just wanting a gym-like spin class setup.

Apparently you CAN use the Kickr spin bike for the Peloton app by adding it using some kind of app setup. No idea how that works. But then you would have a smart bike you could use with Zwift or Peloton. Maybe worth looking into.
Old 08-27-20, 02:10 PM
gregster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I really like that the Nordictrac applies resistance and gradient based on what's happening whereas the rider must dial up the resistance on the Peloton. I would love love love to hear from some Nordictrac users on this, Thanks for your reply though, useful info.

Originally Posted by burnthesheep
Since your wife is involved, I'd go Peloton. They get great reviews for the classes and such from the devoted users. I know a few folks who are roadies and use them and they really like them. For me, spending that money it would be a deal breaker if there aren't a good amount of live classes.

Not my thing, but lots of roadies around me do use it and always have had good stuff to say.

I hate that Zwift doesn't have a pay option to add on a Peloton like live class for folks. Like, Zwift-live class add-on for $15 a month. Then a Wattbike or Kickr bike would serve double duty for a roadie and a person just wanting a gym-like spin class setup.

Apparently you CAN use the Kickr spin bike for the Peloton app by adding it using some kind of app setup. No idea how that works. But then you would have a smart bike you could use with Zwift or Peloton. Maybe worth looking into.