Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Alternatives to Surly Steamroller + Quill Stem

Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Alternatives to Surly Steamroller + Quill Stem

Old 04-01-19, 08:10 PM
ShannonMP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm just a fan of loos ball bearings all around for pedals, bottom bracket, headset and hubs. I have a skateboard with loose ball bearings too. They can be cleaned and re-greased.
Old 04-08-19, 11:05 AM
Philasteve

Bikes: Surly CreamRoller. 98 Giant Rincon. SE UVT

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Haxxor
I will be using the bike to explore, ride distances off/on-road and commute in the streets.

If I am riding in the hoods of the cockpit and my height is just under 5'11", would you recommend a 53 or 55 bike size ?
I'm like 5'9ish and ride a 53cm Surly Steamroller, I think I'm more torso than legs though. Look at the top tube length on your current bike and compare. If you don't have a current bike that fits, then start measuring and use a fit calculator. You'll have to input all of your measurements into it. People can't really fit you to a bike over the internet, just because 2 people can be the same height but have completely different proportions.