Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Early model TREK OCLV identification

Old 01-18-21, 02:49 AM
Mickok

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Early model TREK OCLV identification

Early model TREK OCLV identificationHi All,

I have similar query to freesafety22 which I'm hoping the knowledgeable crew out there can help identify my TREK from early 1990s (i think). I still use it on my home trainer, but I'm planning on renovation but need help identifying the model to ensure I have the right base.
  • Early model TREK OCLV frame - there is no decal with model number on the seat tube.
  • Gear levers are on the down tube...
  • Campagnolo running gear, crankset and headset;
  • No serial number stamped under bottom bracket (including under the cable guide)
  • There is a BS 6102 conformance sticker on the frame - that British Standard bike standard was published in 1992. But that sticker could've been placed at anytime after 1992...
I've been back though all the back catalogues in the early 90's and can't find a match - particularly the gears on down tube.

I've tried to upload photos to the forum but not sure if I can yet... newbie

Any indications of value of such a bike would be grand.

Mickok
Old 01-18-21, 12:27 PM
trainman999

Bikes: 83 Schwinn Superior, 86 Paramount,86 Madison,87 Cimeron,86 Nishiki Linear

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked 231 Times in 113 Posts
serial number is on inside of derailleur hanger on thoes
Old 01-19-21, 04:41 AM
Mickok

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks a lot. T'man99

I found it on the rear drop out - opposite side to the derailleur hangar.

it's a 68334 - 3L - which suggests '97-'98. Later than I thought and catalogues from that time don't seem to align e.g. location of gears on down tube. It looks more like the 5500 in the 1992 catalogue (e.g. decals match etc..).

The campag componentry is also throwing me off scent, but that could have all been changed in later..

more digging around required.