Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

CAAD12 help

Old 09-10-18, 08:56 PM
LouELou

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CAAD12 help

Hello everyone. I am returning to cycling after a long period of inactivity. My friend has a 58cm CAAD he is willing to sell me very cheap. im concerned about the size. i am 5'11" with only a 30" inseam. a 58cm bike is pushing it. My question is, can i make this work for me. i cant afford anything else and wont be able to for quite a while. thank you.
Old 09-11-18, 07:37 AM
Brofessor

Bikes: Schwinn Circuit 89'

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I personally don’t care about the stand over height. As long as your leg is not fully extended at the lowest seat adjustment allowed, you shouldn’t have problem height wise. However, top tube length is a bigger concern, because you can only shorten your reach by a few mm using shorter stem. Ask your friend to ride it for a day or two and see if you feel too extended on it. My bet is that your shoulders will ache after that ride because of too much extension.
Old 09-13-18, 06:53 PM
TiHabanero

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1740 Post(s)
Liked 1,369 Times in 718 Posts
I have the same overall height and inseam as you. My son rides a 58 Caad10. Set up with the stock stem it is close. I put a 90mm stem on it and the fit is OK. Keep in mind every rider has a different fit, even on the same frame, so don't take this as a guarantee that you will be comfortable on it.
Old 09-17-18, 04:57 AM
LouELou

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the tips. I will def keep you posted.