Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

The Red Bike....She Is Finally Done!!

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

The Red Bike....She Is Finally Done!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-08, 08:57 PM
wolfpack 
Rawwrrrrrrrrr!

Bikes: 2009 Specialized Ruby Sworks SL w/SRAM Red; 2006 Fuji Team RC; 2008 Felt F1x; 1980's Lotus Excelle; Mangusta FG/SS; Rossin (yet to be built up)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
ok...frustration was getting the better of me the other night & patience was wearing thin....tonight i worked on the brakes and amazingly, they now work. i also cut the cables/housings so that they are shorter.

Old 07-21-08, 02:18 AM
glenng
Master Surfer of Curbs

Bikes: Whats it to ya?

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Its a beautiful bicycle WP. I love what you have done. But please don`t forget that its an old steel bike that rides sweet. Its a bike that should be ridden on rainy, cold days. Or even days that you want to ride alone with nothing to prove. Days that are cold and the road is full of muck and grime. This is a bike that is about the riding and not so much about how it looks ( though it looks fab ). Its about when you ride alone and enjoy the day and the feel of the bike and not the cycle stats. Its about pedaling on an old country road and letting your mind drift back to a time when things were simpler and the air was cleaner and you had a crush on that boy............... Its about riding an old, sweet, light, steel bicycle. When things were simple and fun. Nothing more.

Last edited by glenng; 07-21-08 at 02:49 AM.
Old 07-21-08, 04:07 AM
gnome
shaken, not stirred.

Bikes: I've lost count.

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1412 Post(s)
Liked 971 Times in 390 Posts
Very nice build. Once you get it dialed in it should be a nice ride.
Old 07-21-08, 06:04 AM
wolfpack 
Rawwrrrrrrrrr!

Bikes: 2009 Specialized Ruby Sworks SL w/SRAM Red; 2006 Fuji Team RC; 2008 Felt F1x; 1980's Lotus Excelle; Mangusta FG/SS; Rossin (yet to be built up)

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by glenng
Its a beautiful bicycle WP. I love what you have done. But please don`t forget that its an old steel bike that rides sweet. Its a bike that should be ridden on rainy, cold days. Or even days that you want to ride alone with nothing to prove. Days that are cold and the road is full of muck and grime. This is a bike that is about the riding and not so much about how it looks ( though it looks fab ). Its about when you ride alone and enjoy the day and the feel of the bike and not the cycle stats. Its about pedaling on an old country road and letting your mind drift back to a time when things were simpler and the air was cleaner and you had a crush on that boy............... Its about riding an old, sweet, light, steel bicycle. When things were simple and fun. Nothing more.
i know...it will be hard to get her dirty for the first time, but i'll manage...simple and fun is what i need and Red is going to provide that for me.
Old 07-21-08, 06:22 AM
Stacey
Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP)

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
May I put the first scratch in it? Please. Take me with you when you ride it.
Old 07-21-08, 07:24 AM
wolfpack 
Rawwrrrrrrrrr!

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
scratches?? of course you can, if i haven't already somehow got one on her.

and, you are going to be riding with me on Wednesday when she makes her debut at the group ride.
Old 07-21-08, 04:28 PM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,410 Times in 910 Posts
Great job, wolfpack. Now, did that color scheme just "happen" to end up in NC State Wolfpack red/white, or was it a happy accident?

I'd sure like to get some info on the powdercoat in Cary; I can't find much help farther east from you.
I did buy a bike at your bell tower not long ago, and 1304 Bikes is a great collective with a great mission.

You're a great example of the thriving bike culture over there at NCSU.

Oh, yeah, ..........go Pirates.
Old 07-21-08, 04:49 PM
keiththesnake

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
Lugged it is, and obvious it is too.
Sounds like Yoda. Nice bike. I'd pinstripe with white where the lugs meet the tubes.
Old 07-21-08, 06:38 PM
wolfpack 
Rawwrrrrrrrrr!

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by RobbieTunes
Great job, wolfpack. Now, did that color scheme just "happen" to end up in NC State Wolfpack red/white, or was it a happy accident?

I'd sure like to get some info on the powdercoat in Cary; I can't find much help farther east from you.
I did buy a bike at your bell tower not long ago, and 1304 Bikes is a great collective with a great mission.

You're a great example of the thriving bike culture over there at NCSU.

Oh, yeah, ..........go Pirates.

ha. that color scheme just happens to coincide with my alma mater. 'sides, red is my favorite color and everyone knows red goes the fastest.

the powdercoater info, i think the guy's name is Tom:
Carolina Custom Powder Coating
104E Woodwinds Industrial Ct.
Cary, NC 27511
Phone: (919) 460-9600
Fax: (919) 460-9680

oh yea, i saw you posted in one of the "where did you ride" threads that you rode with the cyclepaths (or maybe it was someone else)...when i'm not off in the mountains riding, i try to ride with them. of course, won't be riding this weekend, cause i'm gonna be gone doing roan moan and the following weekend, will be in socal.
Old 07-22-08, 08:00 AM
dbakl

Bikes: Cinelli, Paramount, Raleigh, Carlton, Zeus, Gemniani, Frejus, Legnano, Pinarello, Falcon

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by wolfpack
i can mash hte brakes closed but they will not open back up.

I'd guess the center pivot bolt at the front is too tight. There are 2 nuts, the inner sets the movement, the outer locks it in place.

Great looking bike, good components and super job cleaning them up!