Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Need a Lil' Help, Please...

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Old 02-25-20, 02:50 PM
IAmSam

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 273 Times in 136 Posts

I know there's got to be someone here who can please help me out with a replacement topcap for my Grammo quill?

TIA...
Old 02-25-20, 03:50 PM
velomateo

Bikes: '87 Serotta Colorado,'96 Moots VaMoots, Bertoni MAX, Eddy Merckx Grand Prix Team USA

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 331 Times in 146 Posts
Years ago, when 3D printers were becoming more available, I paid up for a NOS Grammo cap ($30). My plan was to have some 3D printed and sell on ebay. After some research, I concluded that to produce the file that would produce them was more expensive than I figured I could recoup in sales, so I abandoned the idea. Fast forward to now, I believe the scanning ability of present could make reproducing a new cap fairly cheap. Check in to that.
I've checked on the Shapeways 3D printing marketplace, but no one has added that the list of products they produce.

I no longer have the cap, was sold off with my stem.