Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

New Guy from Vancouver

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

New Guy from Vancouver

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-20, 02:25 PM
groovykincaid
2nd In Charge of My House

Bikes: Giant Defy Advanced 2, MEC 1971

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
New Guy from Vancouver

Hello,

I stumbled across this forum while searching for some issues I was having. So I thought, why not jump on board and learn from some of you veterans.

About me - like every kid, I loved riding my bikes. I got my very first bike when I was 5 and had various bikes since. But when I got into my 20s & 30s, running was my sport of choice, I occasionally mountain biked, but nothing serious. I had to stop running as my knees were getting destroyed, I was running 10 km per day. I stopped all exercise for about 10 years and my body started to grow in the wrong way.

In 2011, I bought an MEC 1971 - on sale because I didn’t know how much or if I would take to cycling. It wasn’t until 4 years later that I dusted off the bike and decided to commute to work. A 40 km round trip. I slowly acquired the correct gear to be able to cycle year round. It became addictive. Then on weekends, I would start trying to break distance records to see how far I could push myself.

I recently purchased a Giant Defy Advanced 2 and this bike was like day and night with my commuter bike.

This is my story and I’m sticking to it. And I will definitely be exploring these forums!
Likes For groovykincaid:
Old 06-27-20, 07:41 PM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: Bridgestone, Fuji, Iro, Jamis, Gary Fisher, GT, Scott, Specialized and more

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 318 Posts
Welcome!
Old 06-29-20, 08:02 AM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Quoted: 2617 Post(s)
Liked 3,131 Times in 1,646 Posts
Welcome groovykincaid ! I also started cycling after repeated injures sustained from running in college.. That was near my bikeforums join date and I'm happy to report that I've been an active, competitive cyclist ever since!
Old 06-30-20, 05:26 AM
chat_rose

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome !