Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Cable stop for full length housing

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-20, 11:30 AM
goatalope
Biking Viking.

Bikes: '01 Lemond Buenos Aires, '11 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, 70s Austro Daimler Inter 10, 80s Motobecane Mirage 10 Fixed Gear

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Companies are going to full length housing and relying on the cable stop built into Shimano's front ders. Trek Domane and Emonda are two examples. However, I'm a Sram mechanical kind of guy. Sram front ders don't have a built in cable stop. Any devices or strategies to get a Sram front der to work with full length cable housing? Thanks.
Old 07-13-20, 12:23 PM
showlow

Bikes: Lemond Zurich, All City Macho King Ace

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by goatalope
Companies are going to full length housing and relying on the cable stop built into Shimano's front ders. Trek Domane and Emonda are two examples. However, I'm a Sram mechanical kind of guy. Sram front ders don't have a built in cable stop. Any devices or strategies to get a Sram front der to work with full length cable housing? Thanks.
Recently I was able to cable my All City by running housing all the way up to the stop on the FD. Alternatively, you can buy one of these...

https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/pro...-8l-steel-bolt
Old 07-13-20, 01:59 PM
Leebo

Bikes: Kona Dawg, Surly 1x1, Karate Monkey, Rockhopper, Crosscheck , Burley Runabout,

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Liked 111 Times in 66 Posts
Try problems solvers. They make a clamp that will go around your seat tube with a cable stop on it.
Old 07-13-20, 03:54 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
Gee, yet another case of something old being new again. Bike boom bikes often had full length cable housings and that's part of what made them look or perceived to be cheap bikes.

Cheers