Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

12sp compatibility microspline casette vs xd casette

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-20, 08:57 AM
ncscott
cyclist

Bikes: road bike, mountain bike, touring bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The quick question... will a shimano 12sp microspline cassette work the same as a SRAM XD 12 sp cassette? Are the spacings the same?
Long question... I don't even have the bike yet, but will!!! Salsa HorseTheif bikes are compatible with 29 and 27plus wheels and have a 157 rear hub. If I wanted to get a second set of wheels because why not, I would probably have to build a set from scratch due to the 157 spacing and the "downhill" reputation of the 157 spacing. Shimano hubs are by far and away the cheapest hubs at that spacing. Which is why I am curious about the compatibility.... It seems most internet information was written before micro spline and are about shimano derailers on SRAM casettes.
Thanks,
Old 02-01-20, 01:09 PM
sscyco
Fool O' crap

Bikes: Are faster than yours.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Changing my SC Bronson to micro drive right now - as far as I can tell, there is no comparability with anything else. Spacing may be close - but the chains and chain rings say they are only compatible with Shimano 12 speed.