Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Adaptive Cycling: Handcycles, Amputee Adaptation, Visual Impairment, and Other Needs
Reload this Page >

Are you looking for one of these? Adaptive cycles found for sale.

Notices
Adaptive Cycling: Handcycles, Amputee Adaptation, Visual Impairment, and Other Needs Have a need for adaptive equipment to ride to compensate for a disability or loss of limb or function? This area is for discussion among those of us in the cycling world that are coming back from traumatic circumstances and tell the world, "No, you are not going to beat me down!"

Old 08-07-17, 04:15 AM
thumpism 
Bikes are okay, I guess.

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,445 Times in 1,557 Posts

Threads like this exist in C&V and in Tandem Cycling, posts about interesting bikes found for sale on Craigslist or on eBay. I found this bike this morning that might be appreciated by someone on this forum so am starting a new thread in case anyone finds similar machines that forum members might be seeking. Post 'em if you find 'em!

Mods, if a similar thread exists please feel free to blend this post to that one.

https://richmond.craigslist.org/bik/...252724903.html

Buddy Bike - $900 (Chester)

condition: like new

Special needs Buddy Bike for parent and child. Sport model, 27 speed Deore hub, anodized silver aluminum frame, dual leg kickstand, EZ Sunray bike seat with backrest for child, fold-out foot pegs for child to rest feet or they can pedal along with parent.

Used only ONE time, it's like brand new! Life just changed for us and we are not able to bike ride anymore. Paid $2440 for it and now asking $900. Great deal! You can see more info here:
Buddy Bike, Special Needs Bicycle, Alternative Tandem Bicycle, Autism Bike, Adaptive & Therapeutic Cycling, Family Bicycle
Old 08-07-17, 05:54 AM
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2208 Post(s)
Liked 960 Times in 686 Posts
That's going to be a tough sale considering how specific it is. I wonder if the retailer they purchased it through would be interested in a buy back or consignment at that price. Great deal.
Old 08-13-17, 09:34 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 18320 Post(s)
Liked 4,488 Times in 3,337 Posts
Our Eugene Bike Co-op has a handcycle for sale. It is a bit of a funky design with seat steering. But it was relatively cheap. Send a PM, and I can get more info, or I'll try to add a photo the next time I get a chance.