Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Industry News
Reload this Page >

Introducing: Coefficient Cycling

Search
Notices
Industry News What's new in the cycling world? Advertisers, PM IBRyan with your industry news and press releases for publication.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-18, 01:18 PM
IBJoel
Administrator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked 224 Times in 146 Posts

Coefficient cycling is a company dedicated to smart, fast and efficient efforts. A brain trust of five guys with beers, pizza, an exposure to several cultures and back grounds, came together for 6 hours to generate a name and legal entity.

Now whittled down after this 6 hour group think tank, a group of three searched for the concept handlebar to be developed, revised and manufactured. "Family" ties wanted more margin and collateral than a boot strapped company was willing to give to manufacture. And, it took another two years of vetting manufacturing companies to settle on GRAND VISION Tech in China. This was possible thanks to a wonderful contact I, Don Sheff CEO, made when 3D printing at "Aproe" Mose O'Griffin, to another entrepreneur, Jackie Dansk and her amazing team at Amphibian Asia. Michael Hidock, was my lead in negotiating and introducing me to an amazing team at Grand vision (Tang, Song, Lance, Gina and Mike).

Coefficient cycling, is another way of answering this life of solving and building solutions. Life is complicated at best, athletics is character building. You work to improve oneself, so you build slowly into success. So 6 years seems a long time. However, this foundation is strong, it was worth it. My business relationships are linked with a "grand" vision we all agree on. Everyone is a team member worth mentioning and keeping in the loop.

Seven years ago I was training in my back yard Mt. Tamalpais, a brute of a climb, when starting at Stinson beach, wrist, shoulders, neck all wrenched in tension and upper lung lobes constricted. I was working against myself, why? Unlike running which I had good success at from the mile to marathons, with orthotics, I looked for a simple bike grip orthotic solution. I took my hand off the Handlebar and shaped my wrists to where I was relaxed. That was the moment. Thanks Logan, eleven revisions later and the help of Song at Grand vision the "Wave" started. Thanks Rick Sutton for the branding idea.

When I think of where we want to be in 2 years, 5, 7, 10, Coefficient cycling has new ideas. While now it is working to reinvent the wheel.

I have a new team, as time and life has distracted the old partners away, through relationships, or country etc... Our goal is reward hard work with the most efficient product we can conceive.

bar_r10 side.jpg
"Wave"

pw-tall-geom-3.png
"New" wheel we hope those that compete, tour and challenge themselves will be rewarded. Thanks Peter, Paul, Greg, and Yahya

https://www.coefficient.cc/