Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Living Car Free
Reload this Page >

Being Able to Bike to Work Makes People Happy

Search
Notices
Living Car Free Do you live car free or car light? Do you prefer to use alternative transportation (bicycles, walking, other human-powered or public transportation) for everyday activities whenever possible? Discuss your lifestyle here.

Being Able to Bike to Work Makes People Happy

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-18, 07:54 PM
tandempower

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8084 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Mobile 155
the difference is I don’t want anything from you. I don’t need you to do anything to inhance my view of success. I simply don’t care if you want to earn minimum wage. I don’t care if you never use air conditioning or a heater. Because nothing you do makes a difference in the world I live in.

Yet for some reason you berate me in thread after thread.

What i am saying is you are spitting into the wind. You ideas of putting in washing machines on nature trails falls flat. Your idea of working for less so the company can lower their product cost isn’t happening.
No one can conserve common resources on their own. If there is a plate with snacks at a party and you only take one, that won't stop others from taking so many that some people end up with none. You can say that people should be mindful and considerate of others, but you can't force them. Still, what goes around comes around.

What the difference is you have to convince the people that are happy and have the power and votes to keep things going to change to see any movement in your supposed thought. So you need others to change to your ideas and others don’t need you to do anything to stay successful.
No one has to change to my ideas. If I say that LCF can save you money so you don't run out as fast, some people will do it and have more money saved while others won't and they might run out of money when income is hard to come by. It's that simple. All I am doing is reminding people that if you save money sooner rather than later by LCF, you might have more later on when you need it. I don't have to convince anyone to agree with me on that. It's just a fact.

I quoted you I didn’t change what you said. It was a direct quote and you had a chance to explain it. Look it over again.
You spin it to imply that I find myself superior and that enlightening others requires that they be inferior in some way. Enlightened people can enlighten each other without trumping each other. You should learn that.

You can deny what you said and that also I can just let stand on its own.
I don't think you're capable of differentiating between what I say and your interpretation of its implications.

But you are right, we are different and that also makes me happy.
Good, then stop harassing me about things you either disagree with, don't understand, or both at the same time.
Old 06-21-18, 11:49 PM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by tandempower
Yet for some reason you berate me in thread after thread.

No one can conserve common resources on their own. If there is a plate with snacks at a party and you only take one, that won't stop others from taking so many that some people end up with none. You can say that people should be mindful and considerate of others, but you can't force them. Still, what goes around comes around.

No one has to change to my ideas. If I say that LCF can save you money so you don't run out as fast, some people will do it and have more money saved while others won't and they might run out of money when income is hard to come by. It's that simple. All I am doing is reminding people that if you save money sooner rather than later by LCF, you might have more later on when you need it. I don't have to convince anyone to agree with me on that. It's just a fact.

You spin it to imply that I find myself superior and that enlightening others requires that they be inferior in some way. Enlightened people can enlighten each other without trumping each other. You should learn that.

I don't think you're capable of differentiating between what I say and your interpretation of its implications.

Good, then stop harassing me about things you either disagree with, don't understand, or both at the same time.
you have a deal the day you come up with something I understand and don’t disagree with.
Old 06-22-18, 01:31 AM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
You will be happy riding to work if you actually have a job! So I surmise.
Old 06-22-18, 04:49 AM
prj71

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 2975 Post(s)
Liked 1,180 Times in 770 Posts
I think Tandempower needs to ride to work more often so he is happier.

Just make sure you guys provide him water to drink along the way along with a washing machine and a dryer.
Old 06-22-18, 06:32 AM
tandempower

Originally Posted by Mobile 155
you have a deal the day you come up with something I understand and don’t disagree with.
If you don't understand something, you can ask questions and try or you don't have to bother if you prefer not to. There is no need for you to harass me and start going on about all the things I've said that you dislike and how 'people' disagree with me, etc.

Also, if you disagree you can post about why you disagree without being aggressive toward me. Just post about how you think, what you see and how you interpret it, etc. I may disagree with you and post about it, but if I use aggression and harass you, please let me know and I will try to apologize.
Old 06-22-18, 06:39 AM
Sal Bandini

Bikes: 2017 Sirrus Sport

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Oh yeah, biking to work makes you happier. Then please explain this quote from BF in Commuting:

"On Monday and Tues, I'm okay. On Wednesday, I'm getting sick and tire of commuting by bike. On Thursday, I'm really hating it. By Friday, I usually wake up and dread the bike ride and sleep in, then just drive the car."
Old 06-22-18, 07:40 AM
mconlonx

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 7148 Post(s)
Liked 134 Times in 92 Posts
If you don't understand something, you can ask questions and try or you don't have to bother if you prefer not to. There is no need for you to harass me and start going on about all the things I've said that you dislike and how 'people' disagree with me, etc.

Also, if you disagree you can post about why you disagree without being aggressive toward me. Just post about how you think, what you see and how you interpret it, etc. I may disagree with you and post about it, but if I use aggression and harass you, please let me know and I will try to apologize.

When people offer up a refutation or counterargument -- the top three tiers of this model -- you frequently and immediately devolve the discussion to tone or ad hominem by claiming that others are not participating as you see fit/
Old 06-22-18, 08:04 AM
tandempower

Originally Posted by mconlonx

When people offer up a refutation or counterargument -- the top three tiers of this model -- you frequently and immediately devolve the discussion to tone or ad hominem by claiming that others are not participating as you see fit/
I gave up on P&R for a reason. Don't spam the LCF forum with anti-Tandempower vitriol too.
Old 06-27-18, 11:24 AM
mconlonx

Originally Posted by SHBR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWwQsdHMT7Y

I ride a bike to work sometimes, or take public transport, neither option is great.

Work sucks, for many, if not most people.

One of my favorite tunes of all time...
Old 06-27-18, 11:25 AM
mconlonx

I gave up on P&R for a reason. Don't spam the LCF forum with anti-Tandempower vitriol too.
Thank you for illustrating my point.
Old 06-29-18, 10:50 AM
mconlonx

Old 06-29-18, 07:56 PM
SHBR
C*pt*i* Obvious

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)