Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Fuji absolute 1.1 or Cannondale Quick 1

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-18, 07:48 AM
Morango

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In a new job and am able to commute by bike again. Have been going a bit over a year on my 1991 rockhopper from college and its getting old (no pun intended there). Time to upgrade.

i am trying to decide between the Fuji Absolute 1.1 and/or the Cannondale Quick 1 as a hybrid commuter. I have ridden five or six flat bar hybrids and these were the only ones I felt comfortable on. The others all put me in too much of an upright position and/or felt cheap.

The Cannondale is specced better with 105 and shimano hydro discs. The Fuji has Tiagra drivetrain and tektro hydro discs.

The fuji (2017) is on sale at a top notch LBS for $900. The Cannondale is pricier and I would probably get it from REI where it is currently $200 off, and my member dividend will get it down to about $1000.

I believe the wheel set and tires are slightly better in the Cannondale but I really don’t have much knowledge in that area.

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated. Want to buy soon bc supplies are limited this time of year.

Last edited by Morango; 07-08-18 at 12:57 PM.