Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Looking for people to ride with.

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-19, 06:59 AM
thackattack

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey guys, apologies if this is the wrong section of the forum for this post.
So I'm new to the forum and mountain biking in general and looking for people to ride with. I've been cycling all my life but only just got into mountain biking after mostly sticking to snowboarding in the winter months I'm looking for something to fill the summer with so started mountain biking.
I've got a bunch of holiday from work left to use by the end of the year which I'd usually spend with my fiance but she had to use up a lot of her allowance this year already and other mates that would be interested are off having babies etc.
A friend at work recommended a trip to verbier but am open to suggestions. If there are any other people looking to meet up or already have a group going that I might be able to join please give me a shout. I'm looking to go August/September or even October if that's still in season. Or if you have any suggestions for good resorts or websites to book with that would be great too.
Old 08-01-19, 05:58 PM
qclabrat

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked 70 Times in 63 Posts
Originally Posted by thackattack
Hey guys, apologies if this is the wrong section of the forum for this post.
So I'm new to the forum and mountain biking in general and looking for people to ride with. I've been cycling all my life but only just got into mountain biking after mostly sticking to snowboarding in the winter months I'm looking for something to fill the summer with so started mountain biking.
I've got a bunch of holiday from work left to use by the end of the year which I'd usually spend with my fiance but she had to use up a lot of her allowance this year already and other mates that would be interested are off having babies etc.
A friend at work recommended a trip to verbier but am open to suggestions. If there are any other people looking to meet up or already have a group going that I might be able to join please give me a shout. I'm looking to go August/September or even October if that's still in season. Or if you have any suggestions for good resorts or websites to book with that would be great too.
Welcome to the forum
where you located?, most here are from all over
Try to find a local bike shop and ask about rides or look for the local trail group rides
One way to get involved is to volunteer at a local park maintaining the trails, you'll find the best guys/gals to point you in the right direction
Old 08-02-19, 03:12 AM
thackattack

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qclabrat
Welcome to the forum
where you located?, most here are from all over
Try to find a local bike shop and ask about rides or look for the local trail group rides
One way to get involved is to volunteer at a local park maintaining the trails, you'll find the best guys/gals to point you in the right direction
Cool thanks for the advice will see what i can find out. Am based in London.
Old 08-02-19, 08:24 AM
qclabrat

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked 70 Times in 63 Posts
Originally Posted by thackattack
Cool thanks for the advice will see what i can find out. Am based in London.
this looks like a fairly active group on Meetup
https://www.meetup.com/London-Mountain-Biking-Club/