Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Serrota Atlanta - $800 fair deal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-19, 12:14 AM
flashropower

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Serrota Atlanta - $800 fair deal?

Hi! Looking to get my first intro road bike. Was looking at my local area bike exchange and a seller messaged me this. It's a Serotta Atlanta (steel frame from late 1990's - the red and yellow fade) with 11 speed Shimano Ultegra and 105 with magic wheels. He's asking for $800, is this a fair price? I was researching and there seem to be lot's of positive feedback on the Serotta Atlanta. It seems to be in really good condition (unfortunately can't post any pictures or URL's since I'm new here)
Old 08-20-19, 02:43 AM
ridelikeaturtle

Bikes: Bianchi Ti Megatube; Colnago Competition; Planet-X EC-130E; Klein Pulse; Amp Research B4; Litespeed Catalyst; Trek Y11

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 605 Post(s)
Liked 480 Times in 260 Posts
I'm not a fan of red and yellow (fast food colors?), but 800USD for a complete Serotta Atlanta - if it fits you - sounds a pretty darn good deal to me. It all depends on the state of the bike, but you won't go far wrong.
Old 08-20-19, 12:55 PM
tmh657

Bikes: A few BSO's.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 27 Posts
As usual it depends. You say it has 11 speed Shimano Ultegra and 105 with magic wheels. Is it all Ultegra with 1 part being 105 or the other way around? Also what in the world are magic wheels? Really need specific info on the build , the stem, bars, seat post, saddle to determine if it's a good deal. As you might know those parts can be 10$ each or $150 each. For me the frame would need to be in really good shape with the major bits being 11 speed Ultegra in good shape and the magic wheels need to have a good $$ value to be worth $800. It is a buyers market these days even with a Serotta.

I have 2 Atlantas at the moment. A 1998 with a steel fork and a 1999 with the F1 Serotta carbon fork. I have owned 2 others. It's a fantastic bike. My 1999 has Ultegra r8000 group with nice wheels. It's not that light but with some light wheels, good tires and a decent group it seems lighter than it's actual weight.

If the bike is your size consider it for sure. Oh and there is a website with more info on Serotta than anywhere as it used to be the Serotta forum. https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3

I bought one of my Atlanta frames there and buy and sell pretty often. One of the guys, or more that built Serotta's is on there. Check it out and welcome.

Here is my Spruce Atlanta, as in my avatar. Check back when you can post a link or photos.

Crickets. Where do the newbs go after posting? Oh well.

Last edited by tmh657; 08-24-19 at 06:55 PM.