Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Anyone else got a Kent Nazz 700c gravel bike?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Anyone else got a Kent Nazz 700c gravel bike?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-23, 12:12 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7652 Post(s)
Liked 3,479 Times in 1,836 Posts
It all depends on the rider.

I rode a lot ... and I mean a lot ... of cheap bikes when I was daily commuter. I rode a lot of cheap bikes because I was broke when I started ... and because the bikes broke. If you plan to actually push hard on the pedals, hit bumps, brake hard .... I wouldn't advise buying this bike.

If you plan to ride gently, this bike is a fine bike. Smooth surfaces at modern speed .....

Firs thing I would say to anyone who bought one, is disassemble it and make sure the bearings are greased properly, make sure everything it assembled properly, make sure everything is straight and/or round and/or tightened properly.

Just read the reviews about how people had to adjust or replace the brakes and shifters (those stem shifter are very genital-friendly---I cannot see why they went out of fashion) ... if you plan to ride casually, this is probably an minimally suitable machine for you. Just do what I and everyone else here, and in the comments section on the Walmart website, suggest, and either take the bike to a shop or break it down, lube, adjust, and reassemble it, before you hit the road.