Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Trek Navigator 3.0 Report

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-12, 06:05 PM
bigbones73

Bikes: Shopping for a new bike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trek Navigator 3.0 Report

About 6 weeks ago I purchased a Trek Navigator 3.0 after reading some posts here and doing some other research. I have over 100 miles on it now, so I thought I would share some thoughts about it--I love it! I tried to make my old Diamondback work but I was not confident riding it. The Nav fits me better and the wider tires serve me well on gravel as well as the tar roads in my neighborhood. My main goal from riding the bike is fitness and I'm making progress in that regard. I have been able to increase my rides from 1/2 mile to 10 miles. Today I rode only 4 miles but I did a hill climb that I never would have tried only a few weeks ago. I'm learning more about shifting gears properly (thanks to a very helpful post on the +50 subsection of the forum) and that allowed me to make it up the hill today. I really like the trigger shifters and the ergo grips on my new bike. I was looking at buying the Nav 2.0 but the guy at the LBS suggested going with the 3.0 and I'm really glad I did. Those are the features that I really like about the bike compared to my old one. I did put a Cloud 9 seat on the bike instead of the one that came with it. I'm not convinced that the Cloud 9 is the answer but we shall see. I have only dropped 8 lbs. since I began this journey (down to a svelte 369 now) but I'm making progress. Anyway, I'm very happy with the bike and it's holding up well at this point.
Old 09-29-12, 04:40 PM
Penny4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Congratulations on your new bike! It's so nice when everything comes together! Happy riding