Notices
Masters Racing (All Disciplines) Race on the track or road or on your mountainbike in the Masters Category? Want to talk tactics, strategy and training with your peers?

Cervelo r5

Old 07-01-20, 10:12 AM
biggearbob

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cervelo r5

I purchased a 2020 Cervelo r5 4 months ago, which I absolutely love; however I find the steering "twitchy", and I can't take my hands off the bars, which is important to rest my shoulders. Does anyone care to comment?
Old 07-01-20, 02:27 PM
Chubby715

Bikes: Cervelo R5

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 17 Posts
I also bought an R5 about 5 months ago (end of Feb) but don't find the ride twitchy. The only few times I've had to keep a good grip is when the crosswinds are strong, but that could be due to my light wheelset (Firecrest 303). I'm riding a mixture of flats and rolling hills so spend the majority of time on the drops, but don't feel like I'm in a death grip. I also switched out to a longer stem so I could get lower and more aero, so is the ride twitchy when you're in the drops?
Old 07-01-20, 06:03 PM
biggearbob

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cervelo R5

Dear Chubby, Thanks for replying to my note; It's a great bike and I'm enjoying it; my shoulders get tired on rides, and I like to take my hands off the bars; but, I really don't feel I can do that; I have a 58cm frame and a short stem, which may be a factor. I'll check out those wheels. Thanks, Bob
Old 10-02-20, 06:46 PM
Miles2go
Zen Master

Bikes: Cervelo R5 - SuperSix

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 89 Times in 42 Posts
The R5 is not twitchy in my experience. My daily wheels are 45mm deep front and rear and I can ride with no hands or in aero mode with my forearms on top of the bars with no stability issues.

Old 08-12-21, 07:08 AM
ganthercage

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin the main difference between r5 and r50 lies in the carbon layup, which is, according to Cervélo, designed to be more comfortable than the R5, dampening more of the road without sacrificing stiffness. ... The other big difference between the two bikes is that the R3 doesn't transfer as much of the road through to the rider as the R5 does.

Last edited by ganthercage; 08-16-21 at 12:45 PM.