Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Professional Cycling For the Fans
Reload this Page >

Documentary on the Giro '88, Passo de Gavia

Search
Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-23, 05:33 PM
Chicago Al 

Bikes: 1974 Motobecane Grand Record, 1987 Miyata Pro, 1988 Bob Jackson Lady Mixte (wife's), others in the family

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked 155 Times in 79 Posts

We watched this amazing short documentary the other day. As a veteran pro cinematographer, I'm amazed at how today's tech and methods allow for projects like this to be done, with such high production values, for such a niche audience.

I know I keep recommending GCN+ here, they should give me a commission (if only anyone followed my recommendations), but with the race coverage and all their other content, we probably spend at least as much time watching it as Netflix, Amazon, or anything else.

Here's another of their cycling docs, not about racing at all, which just makes you want to find someplace beautiful to ride:

- Dr Samuel Johnson
Likes For Chicago Al:
Old 06-05-23, 09:07 AM
semroc

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked 140 Times in 62 Posts
That was neat seeing all those Italian riders together talking about that stage. And Getting Hampstens insight on that stage was very cool. Yep GCN + is awesome.