Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

What is the appropriate photobucket format / url to use to put pics in a CL ad? Thx

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

What is the appropriate photobucket format / url to use to put pics in a CL ad? Thx

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-10, 11:25 AM
RFC

Bikes: many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts

nt
Old 02-27-10, 11:49 AM
DRietz

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Html.
Old 02-27-10, 11:50 AM
23skidoo
Gone World Hepster

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Select the images you want by ticking the check box under each picture you want to use from your PB album and then at the bottom of your album page click on the 'get html/img code' (or something like that) and you'll get a page with links in different categories. For this forum you would select the [img] code for either full-size or thumbnails, for CL you would select the html code for either full-size or thumbnails. I usually select one photo for full size as I upload large images to my Photobucket account and thumbnails for any extras I want to post as a lot of folks get antsy/nasty/flaggy if they have to wait for large images to load or have to scroll through a large image in your posting, so ten full-size images will definitely make you an unpopular CL poster. Not a problem though if you're uploading smaller file sizes to PB.
Old 02-27-10, 11:51 AM
RFC

Bikes: many

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 23skidoo
Select the images you want by ticking the check box under each picture you want to use from your PB album and then at the bottom of your album page click on the 'get html/img code' (or something like that) and you'll get a page with links in different categories. For this forum you would select the [img] code for either full-size or thumbnails, for CL you would select the html code for either full-size or thumbnails. I usually select one photo for full size as I upload large images to my Photobucket account and thumbnails for any extras I want to post as a lot of folks get antsy/nasty/flaggy if they have to wait for large images to load or have to scroll through a large image in your posting so ten of them will definitely make you an unpopular CL poster.
Thanks fellow Husker.
Old 02-27-10, 02:33 PM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 964 Times in 628 Posts
+10 Wrong question entirely. You do not use a URL, you just paste the html in the body of your text. You do the same thing on ebay.

I use a Microsoft photo editor first, and save the pics as document quality. That reduces the file size by about 80 to 90%, and yet the pictures still show more than adequate detail on a Craigs List ad. Here's a typical C/L quality pic from my flickr account.

Last edited by wrk101; 02-27-10 at 02:41 PM.