Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Professional Cycling For the Fans
Reload this Page >

Armstrong claims he nver failed a drug test?

Search
Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

Armstrong claims he nver failed a drug test?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-11, 12:32 AM
Rubo

Bikes: Scattante

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Armstrong claims he Never failed a drug test?

To Mods I am sorry if this has been over covered here however I just finished his book and find myself believing he was doping.

Everyone inside the sport of cycling knows Lance doped. Just like most every European cyclist does. This is standard practice. It levels the playing field. The athletes with true physical gifts still rise to the top.

But Lance was never that good till he got cancer. Lance had drugs that none of the other riders had. That is the real story. Experimental cancer drugs like rsr13 developed by Allos Therapeutics and distributed by a sponsor Bristol Myer ... were far more effective then the EPO and Steroids. I think this is far beyond a standard doping program.

Lance seems to have a lot of republican government connections and relationships these days .... these new allergenic drugs that can make your red blood cells more efficient without raising your hematocrit rate could be a great drug for the US military complex to give to soldiers for battle field applications. I dont think lance and his idiot coaches could do all this themselves.

Why did Lance drop out of the Olympics 12 hours after RSR13 was added to the USOC banned substance list?

Why was RSR13 omitted from the Tour De France banned substance list on Lance's last tour win.... but it was on every other banned substance list of every other major race that season?

Why does everyone keep saying Lance has never failed a drug test? his 1999 and 2000 tour samples came back positive for EPO. He only avoided punishment because they didn't have a "B" sample to compare it too. But the US Government doesn't care about "B" sample crap like the UCI does. To the US Government ... positive with one sample is enough.

Defrauding the US Government (US Postal Service) from a Position of Trust (Owner of the Team)... that sound pretty serious to me.

Last edited by Rubo; 12-26-11 at 12:36 AM. Reason: spellling
Old 12-26-11, 12:35 AM
CbadRider

Bikes: Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Moved from Road to Pro.

Forum Guidelines *click here*
Old 12-26-11, 12:38 AM
znomit
Zoom zoom zoom zoom bonk

Bikes: Giant Defy, Trek 1.7c, BMC GF02, Fuji Tahoe, Scott Sub 35, Kona Rove, Trek Verve+2

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked 722 Times in 366 Posts
Yawn
Old 12-26-11, 01:50 AM
LemondFanForeve
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by znomit
Yawn

Why, because there's actual truth to what he's posted? Oh right, its a " yawn" from me to all the Lance supporters, who cant seem to grasp, or admit that their golden boy, might truely be guilty?
Old 12-26-11, 01:51 AM
LemondFanForeve
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rubo
To Mods I am sorry if this has been over covered here however I just finished his book and find myself believing he was doping.

Everyone inside the sport of cycling knows Lance doped. Just like most every European cyclist does. This is standard practice. It levels the playing field. The athletes with true physical gifts still rise to the top.

But Lance was never that good till he got cancer. Lance had drugs that none of the other riders had. That is the real story. Experimental cancer drugs like rsr13 developed by Allos Therapeutics and distributed by a sponsor Bristol Myer ... were far more effective then the EPO and Steroids. I think this is far beyond a standard doping program.

Lance seems to have a lot of republican government connections and relationships these days .... these new allergenic drugs that can make your red blood cells more efficient without raising your hematocrit rate could be a great drug for the US military complex to give to soldiers for battle field applications. I dont think lance and his idiot coaches could do all this themselves.

Why did Lance drop out of the Olympics 12 hours after RSR13 was added to the USOC banned substance list?

Why was RSR13 omitted from the Tour De France banned substance list on Lance's last tour win.... but it was on every other banned substance list of every other major race that season?

Why does everyone keep saying Lance has never failed a drug test? his 1999 and 2000 tour samples came back positive for EPO. He only avoided punishment because they didn't have a "B" sample to compare it too. But the US Government doesn't care about "B" sample crap like the UCI does. To the US Government ... positive with one sample is enough.

Defrauding the US Government (US Postal Service) from a Position of Trust (Owner of the Team)... that sound pretty serious to me.
Great post dude. The problem is, Lance has hidden behind lawyers and suspicions for years & seems to lose credibility, as the years go on & more info leaks out. He has the financial means to make any investigation, pretty much go away, he doesnt want to be exposed as a scam artist. Plus, hes so delusional, that he actually believes, he did nothing wrong. When legendary riders & others start questioning you, fellow riders & teammates come out
against you, and you try making them look bad, all the while knowing youre guilty,
it doesnt make you look credible to alot of folks. But, hes still in denial. He must be taking counsel from Roger Clemens lawyer?

Last edited by LemondFanForeve; 12-26-11 at 02:06 AM.
Old 12-26-11, 06:23 AM
Homebrew01
Super Moderator

Bikes: Old Steelies I made, Old Cannondales

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 612 Posts
Yawn, because it's been discussed so many times, what is left to be said ?

FYI: https://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...ad-please.html
Old 12-26-11, 06:24 AM
ravenmore

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by LemondFanForeve
Why, because there's actual truth to what he's posted? Oh right, its a " yawn" from me to all the Lance supporters, who cant seem to grasp, or admit that their golden boy, might truely be guilty?
yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn.

For effes sake - who gives a flying turd. This has been so beaten to death even the dead horse can feel it.
Old 12-26-11, 06:25 AM
ravenmore

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Homebrew01
Yawn, because it's been discussed so many times, what is left to be said ?
this. a million times this.
Old 12-26-11, 06:39 AM
harlond

Bikes: Torelli Titanio; Serotta Atlanta Concept; Specialized Rockhopper, Raleigh Twenty, Velo Orange Polyvalent

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
But Lance was never that good till he got cancer.
I would not suggest that LA didn't dope, but this statement is incorrect. Before LA got cancer, he was World Champion, won stage races, won classic one day races, and won TdF stages. LA was a terrific rider practically from the moment he arrived in the peloton.
Old 12-26-11, 08:21 AM
Right Said Fred

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lance seems to have a lot of republican government connections and relationships these days .... these new allergenic drugs that can make your red blood cells more efficient without raising your hematocrit rate could be a great drug for the US military complex to give to soldiers for battle field applications.
Lance Armstrong is a real life Captain America!?
Old 12-26-11, 09:08 AM
hyhuu

Bikes: Specialized Allez Sport

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Perhaps the OP should read some more, a lot more first.
Old 12-26-11, 09:20 AM
ravenmore

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
and my reply from the other LA thread post about theses positive tests so all the facts are represented:

If I recall those positives came years after the samples were taken, and proper procedure and protocols were not followed in handling the samples. There also were no b samples to test. Anything could have been done to those samples after they were taken. I like how people like to leave out details like that.
Old 12-26-11, 09:35 AM
achoo

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Let's toss in a few grenades just for fun:

1. Eddie Merckx was busted for PEDs three times, IIRC. That's three more than Lance Armstrong.

2. Greg LeMond has made the argument that because Lance Armstrong beat riders who were known to have used PEDs, Lance Armstrong must have also used PEDs. But, then Laurent Fignon had the temerity to admit before he died to using PEDs. Following LeMond's own logic: LeMond beat Fignon, ergo LeMond used PEDs.

Old 12-26-11, 09:41 AM
Doohickie
You gonna eat that?

Bikes: 1966 Raleigh DL-1 Tourist, 1973 Schwinn Varsity, 1983 Raleigh Marathon, 1994 Nishiki Sport XRS

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 44 Posts
Yawn.

Because frankly, I could care less whether any racers dopes, doesn't dope, takes drugs or not, gets caught or not.

Originally Posted by bragi "However, it's never a good idea to overgeneralize."
Old 12-26-11, 11:18 AM
ahsposo 
Artificial Member

Bikes: Retrospec Judd, Dahon Boardwalk, Specialized Langster

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6764 Post(s)
Liked 5,476 Times in 3,222 Posts
Way the Eff Yawn.
Old 12-26-11, 03:47 PM
Nachoman
well hello there

Bikes: Bill Holland (Road-Ti), Fuji Roubaix Pro (back-up), Bike Friday (folder), Co-Motion (tandem) & Trek 750 (hybrid)

Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 206 Posts
Originally Posted by LemondFanForeve
Great post dude. The problem is, Lance has hidden behind lawyers and suspicions for years & seems to lose credibility, as the years go on & more info leaks out. He has the financial means to make any investigation, pretty much go away, he doesnt want to be exposed as a scam artist. Plus, hes so delusional, that he actually believes, he did nothing wrong. When legendary riders & others start questioning you, fellow riders & teammates come out
against you, and you try making them look bad, all the while knowing youre guilty,
it doesnt make you look credible to alot of folks. But, hes still in denial. He must be taking counsel from Roger Clemens lawyer?
Incorrect.

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Old 12-26-11, 05:54 PM
jbenkert111
Coffee Stud

Bikes: Fuji ALOHA TT, Scott Speedster 35, Nashbar Road Bike, Marin MTB, Dolomite Fat Bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nachoman
Incorrect.
As is most of his garbage, inuendo's and half truths. Lemond.......... has a real hang up with Armstrong.
Old 12-26-11, 06:53 PM
bellweatherman

Bikes: Too many to count

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Fact: Armstrong failed drug tests.
Fact: Armstrong claims that he never failed drug tests.
Old 12-26-11, 08:28 PM
Rubo

Bikes: Scattante

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bellweatherman
Exactly!
I just finished reading "Lance" by John Cockson and came away feeling he left huge gaps in his narrative.He did mention Lance's frustration of being dropped by the same guys he used to beat starting from 93-94 when EPO took off. Its clear in order to be competitive you do what the opposition does EPO,drug transfusions and steroids.
Lance with all his training could not overcome riders who were doping so he seeked and found a way to dope as well.His teammates were in the program and its obvious specially after Tyler Hamilton testimony.
https://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504803_1...-10391709.html

If anyone thinks LA was superhuman to achieve what he achieved against riders who were doping clean is delusional.

Americans unfortunately have a soft spot for hero worshiping and this is why so many have difficulty in accepting their golden boy was a cheat and a liar.
Old 12-27-11, 11:05 AM
ravenmore

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Incorrect. See my points above. If you're going to make an statement like that, don't pluck out the bits of truth you favor and present them out of context to support your argument. Especially when you're accusing someone of cheating or a crime.

Meh - can't you guys find something else to talk about anyway?

Last edited by ravenmore; 12-27-11 at 11:10 AM.
Old 12-27-11, 11:21 AM
canam73

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
It wasn't a test. It was a quiz.
Old 12-27-11, 05:54 PM
LemondFanForeve
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by harlond
I would not suggest that LA didn't dope, but this statement is incorrect. Before LA got cancer, he was World Champion, won stage races, won classic one day races, and won TdF stages. LA was a terrific rider practically from the moment he arrived in the peloton.
So did: Andy Hampsten/Steve Bauer/half the 7 Eleven cycling team/Etc/etc. he wasn't good enough @ the time to win the TDF, and that was clear. Once he started doping, he "suddenly" became a world class cyclist, capable of pulling off 7 TDF wins. Other CLEAN riders didnt dope, and how'd that work out for them?(none that i know of since LA, had won the tour, til Cadel).
Old 12-27-11, 05:57 PM
LemondFanForeve
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by achoo
Let's toss in a few grenades just for fun:

1. Eddie Merckx was busted for PEDs three times, IIRC. That's three more than Lance Armstrong.

2. Greg LeMond has made the argument that because Lance Armstrong beat riders who were known to have used PEDs, Lance Armstrong must have also used PEDs. But, then Laurent Fignon had the temerity to admit before he died to using PEDs. Following LeMond's own logic: LeMond beat Fignon, ergo LeMond used PEDs.

But, Lemond DIDNT, and hasnt been questioned by other riders/or by a grand jury of doing such. BIG Difference. Never heard of any controversies surrounding Greg doping/not doping, cant say the same for Lance.

Then Mercyx, Fignot, and others should have, at the very least, an asterisk, next to any wins they have, if they've admitted to PEDS, then that would mean they cheated, right? Doesnt matter when it was, or who did it, they cheated. Why not let their record(s) reflect that? Notice how none of that stuff ever comes up though?
Old 12-27-11, 05:59 PM
LemondFanForeve
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exactly!
I just finished reading "Lance" by John Cockson and came away feeling he left huge gaps in his narrative.He did mention Lance's frustration of being dropped by the same guys he used to beat starting from 93-94 when EPO took off. Its clear in order to be competitive you do what the opposition does EPO,drug transfusions and steroids.
Lance with all his training could not overcome riders who were doping so he seeked and found a way to dope as well.His teammates were in the program and its obvious specially after Tyler Hamilton testimony.
https://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504803_1...-10391709.html

If anyone thinks LA was superhuman to achieve what he achieved against riders who were doping clean is delusional.

Americans unfortunately have a soft spot for hero worshiping and this is why so
many have difficulty in accepting their golden boy was a cheat and a liar

We have a winner!!!!! Spot on. Some folks here, seem to fit the bill?
Old 12-27-11, 06:03 PM
LemondFanForeve
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
IMHO, I dont think Lance goes down for doping, I think the Grand Jury/Govt will probably get him on fraud, involving the US Postal Team, and so forth. He'll most likely, be forced to pay a huge fine, no mention of his "doping" will come out(so he can save his precious little "image" as a do gooder, who would never break the law), and he'll (hopefully/FINALLY), go away, with what little image/dignity/respect intact, and people will go back to worshipping him again. He wins in the end as far as him admitting to doping goes. He's a ******bag, and will always be one in MY book.

Last edited by LemondFanForeve; 12-27-11 at 07:18 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.