Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

exPhillyMessengerInJapanSaysHEllo

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-04, 07:06 PM
MCMVIIX
exPhillyMessngrInJapan

Bikes: GT track, Trek 7400 (Japan Only), Panasonic OP-27H (track bike), and a Bridgeston KEIRIN f/f built up with all NJS parts (mostly Nitto and Sugino)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi everybody,

Im happy to have joined a board that doesnt have people flaming each other. Its nice to see everybody sharing their opinions and advice in a civil and pleasant manner. If you ever have any questions about life in Japan from an Americans perspective, please feel free to drop me a line.

A little about me. Ive lived in many countries including Thailand, Spain, Germany, and now Japan with Australia being my next and last place of residence. I used to be a messenger in Philly (AMEX night flyer 742) for about 2 years. I was never the fastest or coolest, but I loved be people I worked with (shout out to John Mutone wherever you are) and being able to ride around and get paid for it was the best thing ever. Of course there are the boiling hot summers, freezing winters, crashes, cars, pedestrians, pot holes, flat tires, irrate drivers, and the odd (almost) impossible package to deliver, but all in all, being a messenger has made me a stronger person in life, as I think nothing is impossible. When youre a messenger, you have to find a way to get things done, or youre done. A (good) messenger never says die, never quit attitude is something that can never be taken from you. At my job today, I work with so many whiners who complain about the smallest and most minut things imaginable. I believe competitive, and of course recreational cyclists, can endure more pain simple for the pleasure of a bike ride. This is what its about for me. Anyway, if Ive babbled, please forgive me.

Thanks for your time,
MhaarQ
Old 07-14-04, 07:33 PM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by MCMVIIX
Hi everybody,

Im happy to have joined a board that doesnt have people flaming each other. Its nice to see everybody sharing their opinions and advice in a civil and pleasant manner. If you ever have any questions about life in Japan from an Americans perspective, please feel free to drop me a line.

A little about me. Ive lived in many countries including Thailand, Spain, Germany, and now Japan with Australia being my next and last place of residence. I used to be a messenger in Philly (AMEX night flyer 742) for about 2 years. I was never the fastest or coolest, but I loved be people I worked with (shout out to John Mutone wherever you are) and being able to ride around and get paid for it was the best thing ever. Of course there are the boiling hot summers, freezing winters, crashes, cars, pedestrians, pot holes, flat tires, irrate drivers, and the odd (almost) impossible package to deliver, but all in all, being a messenger has made me a stronger person in life, as I think nothing is impossible. When youre a messenger, you have to find a way to get things done, or youre done. A (good) messenger never says die, never quit attitude is something that can never be taken from you. At my job today, I work with so many whiners who complain about the smallest and most minut things imaginable. I believe competitive, and of course recreational cyclists, can endure more pain simple for the pleasure of a bike ride. This is what its about for me. Anyway, if Ive babbled, please forgive me.

Thanks for your time,
MhaarQ
What a pleasant and interesting message. Thanks for making my day a bit brighter.

What do you do in Japan?
Old 07-14-04, 10:43 PM
MsVicki
Victoria's secret

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We have our fair share of flamers, too, but most of the people here on BikeForums are great. Welcome to the forums!