Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Opinion needed about Giant defy (ocr) series

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Old 10-25-09, 07:49 PM
ilkerk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi guys,

I heard that bikesdirect.com may have some "equivalent" models to Giant Defy3 (or OCR3) model.
Does anyone knows which frame is similar to Defy3 ?
If I choose similar frame with similar components without trying do you think it will be same fitting/comfort as defy3 ? (I tried def3)

Are there any other brand/models which are similar to giant defy3 ?

thank you in advance.
Old 10-25-09, 08:11 PM
str8jakett
I pedal in my sleep...

Bikes: Giant TCR Advanced 2015, Giant Propel Advanced Pro 2015, Giant TCR Advanced 0 ISP 2008, Cube Cross Race SL 2018, Chapter2 TOA 2022

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 37 Posts
I have no answer to your question, but I'd suggest you just buy the Defy. I can't say enough good about mine and I believe there are plenty of other owners on here that would echo that.
Old 10-25-09, 08:42 PM
rugerben

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Their Motobecane Century models seem to be more "comfort geometry" road bikes, kind of like the OCR and Defy.
No experience with BD, but I can say that the OCR and Defy are awesome bikes and well worth the money.
Old 10-25-09, 08:51 PM
ilkerk

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm looking for a lowcost because not to attract pro thieves (I park it different places) and I can abuse a lowcost one ( carry front of busses, sometimes leave in the rain ) .

I am looking to craiglist for sometime without success. So I asked to the forum as above. If my search for a similar but lowcost version doesnt end I am considering to buy a new one.
Old 10-25-09, 09:03 PM
rugerben

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Ahhh. I would continue searching CL for a <$150 decently made road bike.
Old 10-25-09, 09:33 PM
helmut

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I love my OCR3. I have it set up as a commuter right now, as it has all the eyelets and comfy geometry. I fitted a rear rack w/panniers and full fenders. It's light and I love it, although I dislike the FSA cranket (bit flexy) and the Sora shifters. They are easily changed, however. Great starter bike.