Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Di2 wireless unit

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Di2 wireless unit

Old 09-06-19, 03:19 PM
sfrider 
Asleep at the bars

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked 203 Times in 135 Posts
Originally Posted by Marcus_Ti
Are you on Android Q/10? Lots of breakage...Google took Q Beta 6 and made it public--if you look at the build dates/numbers.
Nope, still on 9... *shrug*
Old 09-06-19, 03:22 PM
sfrider 
Asleep at the bars

Originally Posted by CarloM
About how long did you let ET Proj spin before it told you it failed? I let it spin seemingly for over a minute (I didn't time, because my timer is on my phone ) and it seemed to just be stuck at that level until I killed the app manually. I never got to a failed screen.
It seems the Android version gives up after a while. Maybe 30-60 seconds or so... Sure feels like an eternity while I'm staring at it though!
Old 09-06-19, 03:23 PM
sfrider 
Asleep at the bars

Originally Posted by TerryDi2C
The e-Tube RIDE app will only connect to a STEPS (city/urban) e-bike,
Oh, in other words, user error.
Old 09-06-19, 05:49 PM
CarloM

Bikes: 2019 TCR Advanced SL1 Disc; 2018 Cervelo S3 SRAM eTap HRD; 2020 Giant Revolt Advanced

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 100 Posts
I'm actually starting to wonder if I didn't properly enable BT on the WU111. I did have it in "pairing" mode (i.e. hold junction box button for half a second so the green/red lights alternated) but if my memory serves me correctly even when I tried to just pair it to the iPhone using Settings -> Bluetooth in iOS (not within E-Tube Project) the EW-WU111 ever showed up as an option to pair to. Will check when I get home, maybe use the PC app to check out BT settings.
Old 09-06-19, 06:49 PM
CarloM

Bikes: 2019 TCR Advanced SL1 Disc; 2018 Cervelo S3 SRAM eTap HRD; 2020 Giant Revolt Advanced

It's definitely the app. Just checked the web. The EW-WU111 is a Bluetooth LE, which will not appear in the normal Bluetooth settings section. Apparently LE only appears through the various appropriate apps for connection. Neither E-Tube ride or Project on iOS will sense it. Again, may be the app, may be the beta iOS. But I checked BT on my Windows PC and sure enough, EW-WU111 appears there via Bluetooth. I'll file a report in the beta testers forum, and cross my fingers that it will be resolved in the final iOS release.
Old 09-06-19, 07:04 PM
jadocs

Bikes: Ti, Mn Cr Ni Mo Nb, Al, C

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked 526 Times in 349 Posts

Originally Posted by CarloM
It's definitely the app. Just checked the web. The EW-WU111 is a Bluetooth LE, which will not appear in the normal Bluetooth settings section. Apparently LE only appears through the various appropriate apps for connection. Neither E-Tube ride or Project on iOS will sense it. Again, may be the app, may be the beta iOS. But I checked BT on my Windows PC and sure enough, EW-WU111 appears there via Bluetooth. I'll file a report in the beta testers forum, and cross my fingers that it will be resolved in the final iOS release.
It shows up on my BT settings? But I do not connect this way. I connect through the E-Tube app.
Old 09-06-19, 10:03 PM
CarloM

Originally Posted by jadocs

It shows up on my BT settings? But I do not connect this way. I connect through the E-Tube app.
Yes that’s what I’m trying to do as well to no avail. My iPhone X doesn’t sense any Bluetooth LE devices apparently. How do I know? I tried to connect to the WU111. Doesn’t show up. Turn on my Windows laptop? Not only do I see the WU111...I see all my Bontrager lights as well. Never seen those on my phone, which is lying right beside the windows laptop. The irony? It’s the Windows bootcamp partition of...a MacBook Pro.