Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

What other bike forums would you recommend?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-19, 03:32 AM
richardstephens

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi,

I'm relatively new here.

I get people are passionate and some topics people hold close to the heart. But wow, I feel like there is an unusual amount of topic distracting bickering or knee jerk comment policing going on in many of the topics I'm trying to follow and contribute to, much to the detriment of the topics of the original posts.

This is making it really hard to stay subscribed to this forum.

When I first saw the topic structure of the forum that included vintage and accessible cycling forums, I thought this would be an interesting community. At this point, I feel sadly mistaken.

If there are forums that others have found more technical and less argumentative, let me know.

I'm much more interested in engaging in thoughtful technical conversations where people read, consider, reply, ask clarifying questions, with the intent of best serving the topics raised, rather than the onslaught of reopening old topics and tearing others down on topics of personal opinion and senseless bickering.

Seriously, if you don't have something nice to say, it better be useful *new* information, or what's the point in posting at all?

Real life has enough drama. That's not what I join topic specific forums for.
Old 08-06-19, 03:49 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3090 Post(s)
Liked 6,599 Times in 3,785 Posts
Welcome to Bike forums richardstephens.

We have a policy of not recommending or talking about other forums. If you see a post, or a thread, that doesn't follow our rules, please report that by clicking the red symbol below the poster's name. Then post a brief reason on why your reporting it. The moderator staff will look into it and respond appropriately.

As you are new here, I am posting a link to the forum rules for you to review.

https://www.bikeforums.net/faq.php?f...aq_forum_rules

Thread closed.