Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

1986 Bridgestone MB-1

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-24, 03:07 AM
50PlusCycling

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 557 Post(s)
Liked 837 Times in 418 Posts
1986 Bridgestone MB-1

So, I am looking at a 1986 Bridgestone MB-1 which someone is offering for sale. The frame is my size, the bike is fitted with Suntour XC derailleurs, Cyclone hubs, a 3x5 driveline with a Sakae FX crank set. The bike looks original except for the Rolls saddle. The components all seem to match what is shown in the ‘86 catalog. The bike has the original Ritchey tires.

The first mountain bike I had ever ridden was a MB-2 from in the late 80’s, and would like to have this MB-1 if the price is fair. What does an MB-1 go for nowadays?

Last edited by 50PlusCycling; 04-24-24 at 03:19 AM.
Old 04-24-24, 08:47 AM
Mr. 66

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 1146 Post(s)
Liked 1,768 Times in 971 Posts
I would think that you would be at about $200 as a minimum for one that works. That one is fairly sought after, for one that’s clean perhaps $300. This would be a local Craigslist type price.

The eBay pricing is going to be different, most likely higher. Check for completed auctions prior to buying from there. That should give you a range to shoot for if one needs buy and have shipping.

Others will probably chime on and say it’s worth more.
Old 04-24-24, 10:26 AM
Caliwild

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked 699 Times in 290 Posts
Originally Posted by 50PlusCycling
So, I am looking at a 1986 Bridgestone MB-1 which someone is offering for sale. The frame is my size, the bike is fitted with Suntour XC derailleurs, Cyclone hubs, a 3x5 driveline with a Sakae FX crank set. The bike looks original except for the Rolls saddle. The components all seem to match what is shown in the ‘86 catalog. The bike has the original Ritchey tires.

The first mountain bike I had ever ridden was a MB-2 from in the late 80’s, and would like to have this MB-1 if the price is fair. What does an MB-1 go for nowadays?
That bike in Southern California would probably go up to $500, depending on condition. But it really depends on how much you want it. Personally, I wouldn't pay over $400, even in great condition. YMMV