Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

What road bike do you have?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

What road bike do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-11, 10:21 PM
Terry66

Bikes: Salsa Vaya, Specialized Roubaix Team Saxo, Fisher HiFi29er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posted this in the hot/not thread. Doesn't seem to be as hot as I think it is! That's alright....I've got about 6K miles on it and I love it!

Old 11-18-11, 11:58 PM
NameWasTaken

Bikes: Early 80's Maruishi Road Ace 5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by X-LinkedRider
I am sure they are an improvement over whatever you had. I think they weigh in at like 2100-2200 with skewers. 100 bucks for handmade wheels, you can't beat that. I personally I would still grab up some Fuzion M1's for the 175 shipped. They are about 500gr lighter and the F1's I have, which they no longer sell are pretty damn incredible for that price.
JUST checked them out. I wish I would have looked around a bit more before I jumped on the Aero Max wheels. Those ones seem to be just what I was looking for to begin with. I am going to save some money for a real build. Good frame, wheels, crank, derailleurs, all better stuff than what makes mine a beginner's bike. When I do, I just may purchase these wheels. Unless I can find some awesome carbon ones at a fine price. One thing I have learned so far as a novice though... Bikers are WAY more critical about a newbies bike than musicians were about my gear when I got started 11 years ago (not meaning you, theres a few cool guys that understand and hand out pointers and advice so thanks for yours).
Old 11-19-11, 05:20 AM
simonaway427

Bikes: 2010 S1, 2011 F75X

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Brueg
Started out mountain biking. Bought a 1986 trek roadbike
(50$ at a garage sale)
to help me get faster on my mountain bike. Enjoyed it so
much. I bought a new 07 lemond Reno. Ended up using
mountain biking to help me get faster on my road bike.
Just bought a Motobecane immortal inferno w/SRAM red.
Only have a couple hundred miles on it
Nice bike, but tell me more about the pit van behind it!!
Old 11-19-11, 09:21 AM
Mike F

Bikes: 2017 Specilized Roubaix, 2012 Scott CR1 Team, Felt Z85

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Terry66
Posted this in the hot/not thread. Doesn't seem to be as hot as I think it is! That's alright....I've got about 6K miles on it and I love it!

Works for me. I like it.
Old 11-19-11, 09:55 AM
X-LinkedRider
Flying Under the Radar

Bikes: 10' SuperiorLite SL Club | 06' Giant FCR3 | 2010 GT Avalanche 3.0 Disc

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by NameWasTaken
JUST checked them out. I wish I would have looked around a bit more before I jumped on the Aero Max wheels. Those ones seem to be just what I was looking for to begin with. I am going to save some money for a real build. Good frame, wheels, crank, derailleurs, all better stuff than what makes mine a beginner's bike. When I do, I just may purchase these wheels. Unless I can find some awesome carbon ones at a fine price. One thing I have learned so far as a novice though... Bikers are WAY more critical about a newbies bike than musicians were about my gear when I got started 11 years ago (not meaning you, theres a few cool guys that understand and hand out pointers and advice so thanks for yours).
Yeah. Well the problem like most sports car owners, many cyclists use their bike to make up for what the lack in the pants and they have to LET EVERYONE know it. Sometimes the critiques are totally worth listening to as many times setup affects performance. Besides on the internet, nobody needs to know whether the bike even works at all or not. They just want to see what it looks like.
Old 11-19-11, 10:21 AM
UCIMBZ
Banned

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
You posted it in "Hot r Not" thread. What did you expect?
However in this thread you may be lucky enough to get pointers.
Old 11-19-11, 10:46 AM
c_mack9

Bikes: 2013 Tarmac Pro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thats true. i normally HATE old bikes but your looks very good. i like all the black components you added. looks vintage still but with a little modern twist. nice work so far. i'm sure the bike you are discussing building will be a great one. keep up the good work.
Old 11-19-11, 03:26 PM
gavo

Bikes: One less than I need

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Why would this not be hot?
Taste is subjective, I know, but.......
I like it a lot. A beautiful machine that obviously is used properly(6k miles!)
Originally Posted by Terry66

Old 11-19-11, 04:44 PM
Brueg

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by simonaway427
Nice bike, but tell me more about the pit van behind it!!

My Van is a Ford transit connect, XLT cargo version. I've got about 11,000 miles on it. Had to add a proper stereo and a reverse camera. It's nice to have you're bike and gear always loaded up and ready to go.
Old 11-19-11, 05:30 PM
Terry66

Bikes: Salsa Vaya, Specialized Roubaix Team Saxo, Fisher HiFi29er

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gavo
Why would this not be hot?
Taste is subjective, I know, but.......
I like it a lot. A beautiful machine that obviously is used properly(6k miles!)
Thanks...I appreciate it....but like they say...beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It certainly isn't a sexy aggressive hot S-Works....Its all a matter of taste. Funny thing is that when I got the Soul S4 wheelset I thought the white wheels looked hideous with the white bike. I almost sold the wheels...the more I got used to it, I really like it. I'm planning a winter build...thinking about going all black this time.
Old 11-20-11, 11:55 AM
pbd

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 1 Post
Slightly updated. Dropped and adjusted bars a bit, new saddle (Fizik Antares), new Red Black chainrings, Speedplay pedals, and new wheels. The wheels are handbuilt locally, pretty vanilla, Velocity A23 rims to Shimano 105 hubs, also in black. Lots of spokes to carry lots of pounds of me up hills.

Old 11-20-11, 06:05 PM
X-LinkedRider
Flying Under the Radar

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
nice izard. How much did the wheels end up weighing?
Old 11-20-11, 06:15 PM
pbd

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 1 Post
nice izard. How much did the wheels end up weighing?
To be honest, I didn't even weigh them. I was in a rush to get on the road to meet a ride, so I got tape/tires/cassette on and I was straight out the door. The hubs and spokes are definitely not weight weenie-approved, and they're laced 32F/36R anyway, so they're pretty heavy. Definitely over 1800g I'm certain, but they ride great and will last forever. Still lighter than my old wheels too as a bonus, but more importantly MUCH more durable and comfortable.
Old 11-21-11, 01:24 AM
docshay

Bikes: Fixed-gear Mercier Kilo TT Pro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by c_mack9
put the saddlebag on the beach cruiser. i'm gonna put some black bar tape on it in the spring and when these tires get a little more wear on em, i'll switch those to black too. gonna tone down the white a little. updated pic:

So sexy. I have been eying the Felt AR series as my first multi-gear roadbike, however I got my single speed fixie only 1.5 years ago...I live in a relatively flat area so I should probably ride out the SS a little bit more and get $$. Did you buy stock or build up?
Old 11-21-11, 06:10 PM
c_mack9

Bikes: 2013 Tarmac Pro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by docshay
So sexy. I have been eying the Felt AR series as my first multi-gear roadbike, however I got my single speed fixie only 1.5 years ago...I live in a relatively flat area so I should probably ride out the SS a little bit more and get $$. Did you buy stock or build up?
its stock. i only changed the crank to a shimano 105 instead of the FSA that came on it. its a great bike. i'm gonna send you a PM when i get home from work.
Old 11-21-11, 06:31 PM
giantdefy3

Bikes: 2004 specialized hard rock comp, 2011 giant defy advance 3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
those are all some very nice looking bikes, congrats all. hope to have mine by the first of the year....
Old 11-21-11, 07:03 PM
Mm31

Bikes: 2011 Cannondale SuperSix, 1989 Merckx Century

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi here's my current bike. 2011 cannondale supersix 4 with some upgraded bits in there as well.

-mike

Last edited by Mm31; 11-21-11 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Updated Picture ! Could be better though !
Old 11-21-11, 10:36 PM
NameWasTaken

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah. Well the problem like most sports car owners, many cyclists use their bike to make up for what the lack in the pants and they have to LET EVERYONE know it. Sometimes the critiques are totally worth listening to as many times setup affects performance. Besides on the internet, nobody needs to know whether the bike even works at all or not. They just want to see what it looks like.
Yes I agree. The critiques are very welcome and it is clear that there are a few of those kinda people on here.
Old 11-21-11, 10:48 PM
NameWasTaken

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by c_mack9
thats true. i normally HATE old bikes but your looks very good. i like all the black components you added. looks vintage still but with a little modern twist. nice work so far. i'm sure the bike you are discussing building will be a great one. keep up the good work.
Thanks man. I appreciate the fact that you like it and get that that is exactly what I was going for. I like the older frames but I also like the modern components so I tried to merge them. I think the only thing on the bike that I would change if i went back, is that I would have bought better wheels. Maybe black wheels (good ones). Also, maybe black where there is white... Well any other money is going to be invested in a better bike so I guess none of that matters.
Old 11-21-11, 10:49 PM
Mike F

Bikes: 2017 Specilized Roubaix, 2012 Scott CR1 Team, Felt Z85

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mm31
Hi here's my current bike. 2011 cannondale supersix 4 with some upgraded bits in there as well.

-mike
Thats a pretty cool looking bike.
Old 11-22-11, 12:04 PM
psuaero
Never fear the hills...

Bikes: 2011 Giant TCR Advanced, 2010 Motobecane Fantom Cross Pro, 2011 Redline Monocog Flight 29r

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mike F
Very nice Super Six 4 Mike... put that in the "Hot or Not" thread right away!

Last edited by psuaero; 11-22-11 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Pic didn't come up.
Old 11-22-11, 12:31 PM
Mm31

Bikes: 2011 Cannondale SuperSix, 1989 Merckx Century

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks, So I put the picture up in the Hot r Not, hopefully people there will be as kind as you guys

-Mike
Old 11-25-11, 09:17 AM
giantcfr1
Ha ha ha ha ha

Bikes: 2004 ORBEA Mitis2 Plus Carbon, 2007 Cannondale Bad Boy Si Disc, 2012 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Marlin WSD 29er Aldi Big Box (Polygon) 650b

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Some variation to the norm. My friend's Anchor (Bridgestone) 7.18kg
Now...

With old saddle...

Last edited by giantcfr1; 11-25-11 at 09:20 AM.
Old 11-25-11, 09:31 AM
X-LinkedRider
Flying Under the Radar

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Anybody else think that Anchor is probably not the best advertising brand name for Lightweight bicycles? The name it self means heavy.
Old 11-25-11, 09:38 AM
giantcfr1
Ha ha ha ha ha

Bikes: 2004 ORBEA Mitis2 Plus Carbon, 2007 Cannondale Bad Boy Si Disc, 2012 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Marlin WSD 29er Aldi Big Box (Polygon) 650b

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Anybody else think that Anchor is probably not the best advertising brand name for Lightweight bicycles? The name it self means heavy.
The bike is Japanese and I've heard that response from Americans many times.
My friends here just laugh when I tell them because the term anchor to Japanese means the strength to lead the pack home. ie. anchor in a relay.

I believe Bridgstone bikes aren't marketed as Anchor in the US because of this misinterpretation by the US market.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.