Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

I was seduced by Denise Goldberg

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-05, 07:36 PM
Doug Campbell

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes, Denise's excellent travel journals in "Crazyguyonabike" and the postings of many of you on this forum, seduced me into dropping $2500 on a Bike Friday. It arrived yesterday and all I can say is, "THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU"! A New World Tourist with Ultegra componants and the Caprio rear hub, it's the greatest bike that I've ever owned. Even more comfortable than my Trek 520 and fits like an old glove. The only adjustment that I had to make was the seat height. Very responsive and efficient and, as I said, VERY comfortable. Before I purchased it, I spoke to two BF owners, both of whom owned multiple BFs and had sold all their "big wheeled" bikes. Now I understand why. Looking forward to taking it to Europe next year.
Old 10-15-05, 08:06 PM
xcapekey

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
congrats! i just finished paying my BF off...it's suppose to arrive early nov. and i can't wait...ordered an orange NWT with 105 components...my bike now is a schwinn continental so i'm sure it will be an upgrade regardless
Old 10-16-05, 07:01 AM
Dave Hickey

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome to the fold. I bought my first Bike Friday in May of this year. I haven't ridden a "big" bike since...
I hope you have many happy miles....Where in Europe do you plan on riding?
Old 10-16-05, 05:16 PM
James H Haury
Hauja

Bikes: not as many but still too many

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OH! You were persuaded to buy a BF by miss Goldberg. I guess you weren't really seduced in the usual manner.
Old 10-18-05, 05:59 AM
Blackberry
In Memory of One Cool Cat

Bikes: Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
About my BF, people ask me all the time, "When are you going to get a real bike? Isn't that a lot harder to pedal?" I just let them think whatever as I pass them on their Litespeeds, Madonnes and Colnagos.
Old 10-31-05, 08:14 AM
denisegoldberg

Bikes: Peter Mooney (touring), Bike Friday Pocket Rocket (road), Bike Friday Air Glide (touring)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Doug -
Funny, I did a search for my name on Google to see if my journals were still popping to the top, and your bikeforums.net entry jumped out at me. Congrats on your Bike Friday purchase - I hope that you enjoy your bike as much as I do mine.

And thank you so much for your compliments on my journals. It's alwasy fun to hear that folks have enjoyed reading about my travels.

--- Denise