Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

"Noseless" seat recommendations?

Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

Old 08-30-18, 04:55 PM
wayover13

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I mostly ride recumbent bikes these days and consider my days of spending long hours on an upright bike to be, gladly, in my past. I do keep an upright bike around for running short errands though. And using what they call a "noseless saddle" on it has made riding that upright bike a lot more tolerable in the crotch area (though sore wrists, shoulders, and neck still plague me on rides of more than 3 or 4 miles).

The best such noseless saddle I've used is the Easyseat. I do have another such saddle made by Ergo that, while not as comfortable as the Easyseat, is nonetheless a lot more comfortable than a traditional bike saddle. My Ergo saddle, which has some sort of silicon gel pads inside, has started leaking silicon, so it's now due for replacement. So I'd like to ask for recommendations for a replacement saddle.

Have any others users tried noseless saddles and liked them? If so, what brand/model do you prefer? I see there's a cheapo Schwinn noseless saddle now: anyone tried that one? I've also looked at some saddles that, while closer to traditional "horned" saddle designs, claim to be designed to alleviate the pressure that can cause numbness in the groin--usually by having the horn sort of split down the middle. Any comments on those sorts of saddles, anyone? They look to be rather pricey so I'm not sure I'd spring for one of those.

In closing, I would just mention that I'm trying to economize since, as I mentioned, this is for a bike I use just for short errands. I rarely ride it more than about 15 miles and more often it's 5-10. So spending a lot on a saddle upgrade on this rig isn't really justified. Input will be appreciated.

Last edited by wayover13; 08-30-18 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-23-18, 08:13 PM
violini

Bikes: Modern steel frame road bike, titanium cruzbikes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I ride a FWD/MBB bike, also keep my old road bike. I saw a new kind of noseless saddle at Taipei Bicycle Show. It's called "All-wing Saddle". You can google to see what it looks like.
Some one mounted this saddle on his touring bike to ride from White Horse to Tutoyatuk this past summer. He told me: "Gone are the pains in the eggs".
It's available in ebay and Amazon for $135. I think it's expensive as compared to my recumbent carbon fiber seat made in Poland.

I just bought the one shown above from ebay. It fits me pretty good and don't feel any pressure at the sensitive area. The size is very small, may not fit women with big hip.

Last edited by violini; 12-17-18 at 02:55 PM. Reason: correct mistake
Old 11-24-18, 05:15 PM
Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Quoted: 3872 Post(s)
Liked 1,920 Times in 1,369 Posts
Most-liked saddle I've seen in use is the Easyseat. Wrist, shoulders, and neck issues are all pretty easily fixable.
Old 11-30-18, 04:15 PM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,354 Times in 861 Posts
2 separate pads 1 for each cheek.. a NYT revue mentioned them so the local shop Finally sold theirs..

decades ago I saw a guy who had one he leaned against more than sat upon..

Last edited by fietsbob; 04-01-19 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-01-19, 03:00 PM
zinadog

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
schwinn noseless saddle terrible

The chwinn cruise noseless saddle is TERRIBLE. The seat is hollowed out under your sit bones but raised across the front of the seat. Consequently, your weight is not distributed but is concentrated on a narrow strip across the top back of your thighs. VERY UNCOMFORTABLE.
Old 04-02-19, 08:17 PM
philbob57

Bikes: frankenbike based on MKM frame

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 714 Post(s)
Liked 602 Times in 371 Posts
That Wosawe seat looks a 'comfort saddle' from ISM (ismseat.com). For a lot more money than ISM charges.
Old 04-02-19, 09:04 PM
Deal4Fuji
minimalist cyclist

Bikes: yes please

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1112 Post(s)
Liked 1,626 Times in 935 Posts
Originally Posted by philbob57
That Wosawe seat looks a 'comfort saddle' from ISM (ismseat.com). For a lot more money than ISM charges.
I have one of the ISM saddles courtesy of BF member verktyg who didn't like it. I can't say I like it more than my usual cut-out saddles that are actually a women's model, but it works pretty well for me on rides of 25 miles or so. One difference that became apparent quickly is that without the nose helping you control balance between your legs, you're less balanced on these stubby saddles. No more riding w/o hands with the ISM.

Old 04-02-19, 10:53 PM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,354 Times in 861 Posts
Just, in order to have a gap in the middle, they have to be 3 X as wide..

but in the end..Its just another saddle thread.... of thousands heretofore ...
Old 04-19-19, 01:56 PM
hcgaloi

Bikes: Spcialized RockHopper (free) 1992 Trek T100 Tandem ($220) 2006 Quintana Roo Seduza ($350) 2016 Giant Fastroad ($1100)

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I saw this over RoadBike Review, and tempting to get it..

https://forums.roadbikereview.com/co...dy-367695.html