Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Mechanicals on tour

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Mechanicals on tour

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-19, 11:50 AM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1251 Post(s)
Liked 754 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
A side note, when I put my folding bike into my S&S case, I found that the wheels fit better when I pulled the cassette off the rear wheel. Thus, broken spokes are not the only reason to pull a cassette off.
Never thought of that. I bet it would indeed help make packing my Dahon in the Samsonite Oyster case easier too. If I ever repack it in the case again I will try that. I have not used the Dahon in years though, but just might be doing some travel where having a folder along would be nice.

Note to Staehpj1, that also gave me an excuse to tighten up that little screw that holds all the cassette sprockets together, Sram cassette takes a 1.5mm allen wrench. If I recall, you had a problem with that little screw and your spoke heads on one occasion.
Yep, good memory. It backed out and scored all the spokes on the drive side. Somehow I (or guys in shops along the way) managed to pulled the cassette off and put it back a few times before someone noticed what was going on.
Old 12-13-19, 01:16 PM
Numerozero

Bikes: Downtube 8FH w/ TSD-Z2 motor; Xootr Swift w/DualDrive ; Downtube MiniB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by djb
oh btw, I never heard back from the Unior company in eastern europe about do they sell their product in canada....
Unior Tools are represented in Canada by NRG Enterprises. You can download their catalogue here: NRG

The funny thing is that due to Park Tool's "exclusive (?) use of blue colour, Unior tools, which are also blue everywhere else, are sold in North America with Red/orange handles.
Old 12-13-19, 03:14 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2739 Post(s)
Liked 971 Times in 794 Posts
Thanks for that, will try to find some contact info
cheers