Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > For Sale
Reload this Page >

Galmozzi for sale - early 1970s model

Notices
For Sale Items for sale, bicycle and cycling related items only, please! Requires upgraded Membership to post new threads. This forum is intended for individual members to sell their bikes and bike related gear, and not for commercial ventures or company sales. Prices must be quoted up front, we are not an auction site, and do not link to your ebay auctions.

Old 06-08-19, 07:03 PM
karelb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Galmozzi Classic Road Bike, early 1970s
Size: 59 cm
Description: Ciclo Galmozzi Milano classic road bike. My father purchased this bike from Velosport in Berkeley, CA in the early 1970s. I estimate he rode it fewer than 500 miles, and it's been stored inside since then. It's got the original paint (tomato red) and decals, both showing some wear in places. It's equipped with the original Campy Nuovo Record grupo, TTT stem, Cinelli bars, high flange hubs, with chain rings drilled out (as was the fashion at the time). The bike's in good condition, but not mint - there is some light salt and peppering of rust on the chrome fork crown, headset and toe clips, and pump bracket, there are a few paint scratches, and part of the Galmozzi decals are worn. The brake lever rubber hoods need replacing. All the bearings need repacking, and it needs new tires. I've done no restoring beyond cleaning off the dust. Check the photos for details. This is a great bike to fall in love with - an eye-catcher for any vintage cycling race like Eroica or La Superba, as well as a pleasure to ride. I'm asking $2000, a fair price for this bike. Buyer pays shipping.
I'm also including a pair of low flange wheels from the same era, with Campy record hubs and tubular rims.

Nice ride. Needs tires!

The classic Galmozzi rooster on hub logo

Down tube decal detail

Salt and pepper rust on fork crown. Nice paint detail in the lug cutouts.

Check the Campy fingertip shifters...

Paint chips on chain stays

Drilled chain rings

Some paint chips on bottom bracket

Worn seat tube decal

Classic Cinelli bars - and another look at those Campy fingertip shifters...
Old 10-20-20, 11:47 AM
tpadul 

Bikes: 1984 Sekai 5000 Superbe, 1987 Raleigh Seneca Mountain Tour, 1984 Schwinn World Sport, 1978 Raleigh Grand Prix, 2021 Handsome She Devil, Mystery Vintage purple road bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked 124 Times in 61 Posts
$2K ?? Looks in pretty bad shape for $2K
Likes For tpadul:
Old 10-21-20, 09:43 AM
speedyspaghetti

Bikes: VeloBuild VB-R-022 // '89 Specialized Allez Full Dura-Ace 7400 // Santa Cruz Stigmata CC // Bridgestone MB-3 BoxTwo 1x Conversion // Bridgestone MB-6 // Santa Cruz Highball C // Ibis Spanky

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Beautiful bike, but to piggy-back off of tpadul, I think the pricing will make a sale a challenge. It's a beautiful frame, but in that condition it won't entice anyone at $2k. Not sure if you are located in the Bay Area - bike pricing is pretty insane here - but I think maybe lowering to $1500 OBO would be a good place to start to attract more potential buyers.
Old 10-26-20, 10:29 AM
karelb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello all - yes, this Galmozzi was sold last summer. Thanks for the interest!