Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Sram1x help PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-19, 12:29 PM
picnic4u

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sram1x help PLEASE

Hi
ive recently got my hand on a used Pinnacle Pyrolite 2019 bike and want to swap it over 2to a 1x sram system. I want to make sure I order the correct parts It currently has a FSA BB-4000 19mm BSA threaded BB ( English thread?)Also the rear axle is the 135mm. It currently has a 2x Sora 18speed set up.
So my question what 1x11 system ( should I do I need to change the BB, if so what to? )
could I change to the sram NX eagle cassette, derailleur, chain etc but use the 12 speed MICROshift option on the bars ? If so will the Eagle crankset work with this frame? Can I just change the BB to the DUB that fits this frame? Sorry lots of questions. Hope you can help
Old 06-04-19, 10:19 PM
Le Mechanic

Bikes: 2020 Pivot Vault, 1983 Rossin Record, Garneau R1, Mesamods home built gravel/rain commuter bike, 1995 Barracuda A2V modified with Surley single speed dropouts, 1969 Bottecchia junkyard special fixed gear, Cervelo P4, Mesamods 650b klunker

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked 72 Times in 50 Posts
All you need is a narrow wide chainring unless you just want to upgrade the crank and BB. Lots of options would fit if your crank uses a 110 or 130mm BCD (SRAM, Wolf Tooth ETC.) Not sure if Microshift has a compatable drop bar shifter that works with Sram NX, but you could go with Sram Apex 1X shifter, derailleur with a Sunrace 11-42 cassette, which would be pretty inexpensive. I made a video a few months ago of how I converted my gravel/commuter bike to 1X. I already had the shifters, so the rest wasn't too expensive. I even converted the unused left hand shifter to a droper post lever later on.

Old 06-05-19, 12:26 AM
picnic4u

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks that’s really helpful