Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Professional Cycling For the Fans
Reload this Page >

Cav back at DQS for 2021

Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

Cav back at DQS for 2021

Old 12-08-20, 06:28 PM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Bikes: Cross-Check/Nexus commuter. Several others for various forms of play.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked 576 Times in 445 Posts
Cav back at DQS for 2021

If there is a 2021.

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lef...top-like-this/

Whaddya think? Does he win one? In a GT?
Old 12-09-20, 08:06 PM
diphthong

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1619 Post(s)
Liked 3,087 Times in 1,670 Posts
absolutely not. what he does is provide immeasurable experience for the sprinters at dqs...it will be interesting
to see how beastly their sprint game-which hasn't been too shabby recently-becomes.
Old 12-10-20, 09:12 PM
one4smoke

Bikes: 2020 Specialized Roubaix Comp SC - 2016 Specialized Roubaix SL4 - 2015 Giant Roam 2 Disc

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Liked 338 Times in 224 Posts
No wins for Cav, but Pascal dominates.
Old 12-11-20, 06:50 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

I don't doubt he'll lift others up with his experience and passion. Perhaps he'll help Bennett find the eye of the tiger. But I have a tough time seeing Cav being happy becoming a Renshaw / Eisel type of rider.
Old 01-27-21, 06:07 AM
GrainBrain

Bikes: LeMond Zurich, Giant Talon 29er

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked 609 Times in 458 Posts
Originally Posted by slcbob
I don't doubt he'll lift others up with his experience and passion. Perhaps he'll help Bennett find the eye of the tiger. But I have a tough time seeing Cav being happy becoming a Renshaw / Eisel type of rider.
I dunno, he kind of "financed" himself, so he should know he's not the top shot. Would be cool to see him win but I also hope he uses this as a graceful exit. Like use all the media attention to start pushing some kind of noble agenda or non profit that he can slip into next year.
Old 01-28-21, 02:28 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Originally Posted by GrainBrain
I dunno, he kind of "financed" himself, so he should know he's not the top shot. Would be cool to see him win but I also hope he uses this as a graceful exit. Like use all the media attention to start pushing some kind of noble agenda or non profit that he can slip into next year.
Clearly Cav is not THE "top shot" but I'm pretty certain he's dead set on earning a shot or two. I haven't been tracking this or much cycling news lately. I wonder how it's going in the camps.I suspect Lefevre is close to having his answer as to whether there's any chance. Cav will be somewhere in the spectrum, just not sure if it's the denial-acceptance spectrum or moving along to the reversal / revival / Lazarusian "hell yeah."

I've got a tough time seeing any motivation behind this move tied to an enabler for hm to build a soft spot to land. Or as it advancing that cause (beyond the substantial juice he's already got) in any other way than by him winning, which is what I accept at face value it's all about. To Cav. And to Lefevre, although that cagey old man is bit more flexible about who takes the win.

Either way it goes, I really hope we don't see him off the front at km 0 again.

Two interesting snippets from the OP article, which struck me when I first read it and caught my eye again when I glanced over it just now:
  • "He has a long and sad story about Epstein Barr and all those different complaints. He has a chance now that nobody else wanted to give him but, for me, he starts at zero. We’ll take him for his experience but, to be clear, he’s not a trainer. He’s not a performance manager or a directeur sportif but he can bring some experience to the guys.
  • "If I can do this then I’m Wonderboy," Lefevere said.
Old 02-01-21, 11:19 AM
.joeri.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I think Levefre (and the complete team DQS) can bring the best out of riders (if they fit in the team).
He just need the mental support of the team I guess.
I hope he’ll be back at the top of his game, or at least a decent retirement.