Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Sub 24

Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Sub 24

Old 05-28-20, 09:05 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18394 Post(s)
Liked 15,467 Times in 7,308 Posts
Originally Posted by 52telecaster
the bikes nice but the background is outstanding.
Yaak River Rd. heading north to Yaak, MT. Off the beaten path. Small town with two bars. One has a little store and restaurant. Lots of wildlife. Saw a bear on my rest day and a young bull elk with a small rack as I was leaving camp. The campground host saw a lion during a drive into the forest. No cell service, but when I headed north up Porcupine Pass and started the descent my phone, which was on in case I needed the camera, started blowing up. Stopped to check it. Saw a message that I was on the Verizon of Canada network and got two days’ worth of texts messages.
Likes For indyfabz:
Old 05-28-20, 11:07 PM
52telecaster
ambulatory senior

Bikes: Austro Daimler modified by Gugie! Raleigh Professional and lots of other bikes.

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1954 Post(s)
Liked 3,656 Times in 1,677 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
Yaak River Rd. heading north to Yaak, MT. Off the beaten path. Small town with two bars. One has a little store and restaurant. Lots of wildlife. Saw a bear on my rest day and a young bull elk with a small rack as I was leaving camp. The campground host saw a lion during a drive into the forest. No cell service, but when I headed north up Porcupine Pass and started the descent my phone, which was on in case I needed the camera, started blowing up. Stopped to check it. Saw a message that I was on the Verizon of Canada network and got two days’ worth of texts messages.
we did a lot of camping last year in national parks and had similar experiences. Cool to be disconnected for a while.
Old 05-30-20, 08:21 PM
rifraf

Bikes: Surly Ogre, Extrawheel Trailer

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
When touring,............ Lezyne Micro Floor Drive is in a bracket attached to the frame and shares the bolts used for a bottle cage, .
Snap!! Thats my current setup too. Great pump although I had to replace my original one when its gauge became brittle and cracked from sun damage after a couple of years.

I made sure the new one didn't have a gauge as despite when I bought the original, there was lots of spares available, there was none to be found online the month the gauge failed.
Old 05-31-20, 04:14 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 3450 Post(s)
Liked 1,449 Times in 1,130 Posts
Originally Posted by rifraf
Snap!! Thats my current setup too. Great pump although I had to replace my original one when its gauge became brittle and cracked from sun damage after a couple of years.

I made sure the new one didn't have a gauge as despite when I bought the original, there was lots of spares available, there was none to be found online the month the gauge failed.
Maybe I need to put some 303 protectant on my gauge before my next tour to protect against the UV. I mostly use the Lezyne pumps for touring, lighter weight and size. Thus they are stored indoors out of the sunlight.

When riding near home I lean towards the Road Morph G for the more convenient chuck. I picked up a couple cheap used Road Morph G pumps at swap meets, etc. Cleaned the dust and dirt out of them, now work as well as new. And since I picked them up for a cheap price, I am less concerned about theft for everyday use.