Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recumbent
Reload this Page >

Organic Engines Troika

Notices
Recumbent What IS that thing?! Recumbents may be odd looking, but they have many advantages over a "wedgie" bicycle. Discuss the in's and out's recumbent lifestyle in the recumbent forum.

Organic Engines Troika

Old 11-29-18, 08:08 AM
fitlerbend

Bikes: TREK Stache 5, 2013 Cannonade Carbon 1, DaVinci In2Ition tandem, RANS Screamer, Giant Expressway 1, 1975 Crescent Mark XX, Tern Link 7, Montague Paratrooper, Raleigh Talus 29, Trek LIFT, Novara Randonee, Specialized Fatboy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 6 Posts
Organic Engines Troika

I just bought an Organic Engines Troika. It was local(!) and price looked (too) good. It is in excellent condition, was stored indoors, suspended, for several years. Chains and moving parts are stiff from hardened lube, but appear to be in excellent condition.

I can find virtually no info on this trike - what do I have?
Old 11-29-18, 02:47 PM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 179 Posts
As you may have guessed, Organic Engines is out of business. Take a trip over to Bentrider www.bentrideronline.com where you will come across a few others who own this nearly 10 foot long tandem trike. You will have to join to use the search function since you need to be logged in to use it (it's free). Here's one that comes up https://www.bentrideronline.com/mess...Engines+Troika.
Old 12-24-18, 08:41 AM
fitlerbend

Bikes: TREK Stache 5, 2013 Cannonade Carbon 1, DaVinci In2Ition tandem, RANS Screamer, Giant Expressway 1, 1975 Crescent Mark XX, Tern Link 7, Montague Paratrooper, Raleigh Talus 29, Trek LIFT, Novara Randonee, Specialized Fatboy

Old 04-15-19, 10:32 PM
BKXray

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Troika

I also found a Troika a few years ago for a ridiculously low price. We have put around 6500 miles on it and I have done tons of modifications. The first thing I did was to add a pad to the seats. You end up sitting down on the frame otherwise. We used something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Computer-Prov...%2C166&sr=8-15 and I cut the bottom part of the foam so it would sit between the frame rails of the seat. It makes it wonderfully comfortable for all day rides. The next mod I did was to change the steering to direct as opposed to indirect which helped improve the turning radius. After a knee injury, I installed electric assist and independent pedaling as well. The only thing I don't like about ours is that it has drum brakes as opposed to the discs that are on yours. There is no tandem trike I would take over the Troika, including the high end Greenspeed.
Old 05-17-19, 05:26 PM
fitlerbend

Thanks for the info. I have not had a chance to take mine out yet. Summer popped up all of the sudden and we are juggling several pressing projects. Trike seems ready to roll, but chain, shifting and rolling gear needs to be cleaned and lubed. Also - we have to work out how to transport this 10' long critter!
Old 09-13-19, 06:13 AM
fitlerbend

I was sent a private message concerning this bike. I read the message and it seems to have disappeared (I can't find it, anyway). I would like to respond.
Please contact me again!
Old 09-28-19, 01:37 PM
davidgreams

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The first that comes to mind for me is that there used to be some sorta shared multiverse that's gone undone and now all of the threads have kinda intertwined at one spot (I call that space Troika! because I like saying Troika!) and the PC's have some insight into how it happened. That could be, I dunno...

They took part in the Big Unwind in some way. Assistants to the architects, if you will.

They've got a Mysterious Omnipresent Thing that wants Them Specifically to fix this mess. Why? Divine Lottery called their numbers.

But this is literally just me spit-balling off the cuff. There are so many weird things you can do with Troika that work well with the character creation concept. Go pure gonzo and have it just be a giant mishmash setting; or, have the cultures that you create exist as parasitic species on interplanetary Titans that have gotten a bit tired and fell asleep on a strange new world where there happens to exist a Titan-Killing Gun; or, Troika! is the name of an esoteric art gallery where every painting/installation represents a different culture/character concept and a modern day wizard decided it would be fun if this eclectic mix of art all came alive.

Just go wild with it!
Old 10-20-19, 08:54 AM
Javl3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Troika

Hello,
you sent me a pm on the Troika but I am unable to respond since I have less than ten posts.

I might have interest and would like to learn more.

John Van Lenten
Louisville, KY
javl3three@gmail.com
Old 10-20-19, 12:14 PM
Javl3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Troika

Originally Posted by fitlerbend
I was sent a private message concerning this bike. I read the message and it seems to have disappeared (I can't find it, anyway). I would like to respond.
Please contact me again!
Hello, not sure if you are receiving my responses.
Might be interested if you are selling.
John
Louisville
Javl3 @ gmail . Com