Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Mike's Ride Log 2018..with more pictures!

Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-18, 05:18 PM
MikeRides

Bikes: Trek 1.1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Been on the stationary bike for the last week due to some frigid wind chills, but I'm still hopeful to ride 300 miles a month for a grand total of 3600 miles by year end. Got 3 big rides planned, my annual 50-mile half fondo at the end of April, a week long bike-camping trip in July, and of course another 50 mile fondo at the end of September.

Also hope to knock off some weight to put me back in the 150-160 pound range... but I refuse to be a scale fanatic this time around so I'll only weigh in twice this year; once about half way through the year and another at the end of the year.
Old 03-30-18, 09:46 AM
MikeRides

Bikes: Trek 1.1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Took the bike out for a ride the first time last weekend, only a relatively easy 10 miler. All I've got to say is I've got some work to do!! Damn winter laziness.

Since I forgot to take my 2018 inaugurated ride photo, I'll just leave this little cycling fact...

You know you're a cyclist when you don't care what your new car looks like, so long as your bike will fit inside!
(recently bought a Jeep Latitude, outside of looking for typical defects, all I could think about was "is it big enough for my bike?" - Having driven a truck recently this was never a concern but now that I'm driving a hatchback SUV, I am happy to report that my bike does indeed fit)