Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

Unidentifiable bike with a bronze J head badge

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-20, 10:47 PM
Kenderbender

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hi knowledgeable bike friends. I just got this bike off Craigslist for $50 because I wanted the Chris king headset and carbon fork which I’m very pleased with. I didn’t think the frame was going to be worth anything along with what looked like a cheap wheel set. The wheel set (hubs) seem like all city track knockoffs but seem nice and lightweight. Back to the frame, when I bought it it looked like someone had put stickers on the frame but I thought they might be original so I looked online and couldn’t find anything so I removed them. The stickers after thinking about it were not original so I’d rather stay away from speculating anything about the frame from the stickers.

Aside from the nice head tube lugs, the only identifying features are the badge (real bronze badge with a J inside a cog), a weird braze-on on the drive side chain stay (maybe a chain slap protector) and a strangely shaped down tube kind of diamond looking (I guess we call that ovular). Kind of what you’d find on a titanium frame.

Please have a look at the photos and offer any insight. I’m really interested as this is one of the lightest frames I’ve owned. Thank you in advance!

Really nice head badge and seemingly easily removable

Diamond shaped down tube

No serial number anywhere
Old 01-19-20, 11:43 PM
elcraft
elcraft

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 103 Times in 72 Posts
Jenson logo! Look at the banner ad at top of this page!