Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

What Else Did You Just Buy For Your Bike? Thread Thread Thread..... Thread

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

What Else Did You Just Buy For Your Bike? Thread Thread Thread..... Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-20, 02:52 AM
th3realmckay

Bikes: '14 Leader Renovatio, '96 Trek 1400, '88 Fisher Montare XT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 34 Posts
About to get my new wheels laced up! Black Miche Primato pista fixed/fixed hubs and black H+Son Hydras(I'll have them laced together with silver spokes). Also...Grey Nukeproof Horizon riser bars, silver Ritchey flat bars and a Kryptonite messenger mini+ to lock it all up with. Now to find a decent set of used silver Sugino 75s to replace my factory cranks.

Last edited by th3realmckay; 04-07-20 at 04:26 AM.
Old 04-07-20, 04:21 AM
Lazyass

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 2432 Post(s)
Liked 638 Times in 395 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
Not 100% no but I would doubt it was anything but otherwise there would be a sticker from Tange or Reynolds or Columbus or Ishtawa or True Temper, one of the major tubing manufacturers.
Dude, I didn't claim it was Waterford quality lol. I said it was a good deal at $185 and better than a cheap hi-ten bike. It's listed weight is about the same as my Reynolds 725 Wabi. And I doubt any of us would feel a significant difference in ride quality.
Old 04-11-20, 10:55 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4346 Post(s)
Liked 3,982 Times in 2,661 Posts
Originally Posted by Lazyass
Dude, I didn't claim it was Waterford quality lol. I said it was a good deal at $185 and better than a cheap hi-ten bike. It's listed weight is about the same as my Reynolds 725 Wabi. And I doubt any of us would feel a significant difference in ride quality.
I didn't claim that you claimed that it was Waterford quality. I also wouldn't say a good deal but certainly a cost for a bike and I would agree it is likely better than a hi-ten bike but most things are.
Old 04-14-20, 07:59 AM
Scrodzilla
Your cog is slipping.

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 58 Posts
Likes For Scrodzilla:
Old 04-14-20, 02:48 PM
SoccerBallXan

Bikes: Many!

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked 206 Times in 124 Posts
A Huffy, Hetchins, and Holms cycle into a bar.
Hetchins looks at the bartender and says "Pick the best one of us, we all know who it is!"
The bartender looks at all the options and says...
"None! I ride Harley!"
-
A little humor from a friend about the worth of a bicycle. If you like it, buy it!!
Old 04-17-20, 11:58 AM
VS3

Bikes: Medici Pro Strada, Aventon Cordoba, Trek Verve2, State Bicycle Pardi Boi

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
A light blue Selle Trk saddle, and ODI grips, to match my 2018 Aventon Cordoba Polish.
Old 04-17-20, 07:49 PM
th3realmckay

All-city 46t chainring(46/16). Ritchey seatpost. 😃
Old 04-17-20, 07:50 PM
th3realmckay

Also! Finally got my wheels back from my lbs and I love them! Bummed about the cold weather this week, but I think I'll go out in the morning anyway.
Old 04-17-20, 08:16 PM
VS3

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
I was thinking in terms of parts earlier, but how about a whole bike 4 days ago

Likes For VS3:
Old 04-17-20, 08:59 PM
jimmyodonnell

Bikes: Specialized Langster SS Specialized Sirrus X 4

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 37 Posts
I have a 2018 Langster street build, it's my only bike and I use it for typical road rides for fitness (and a little speed along the way).

I've added a new wheel set bought from Velomine . . . H Plus Son hard anodized Archetype rims, 32 spoke with Phil Wood hi-flange track hubs, and Conti 5000 clinchers.
This is a big upgrade from the Axis sport wheels and Espoir tires that were stock on this bike. No gripes about the stock wheels, I just want something that rolls a little smoother as I increase my distances.

On a separate tip, I've added 2 x Assos Evo bib shorts (which are great for me with their shorter-than-usual inseam), and a water bottle from Assos with a cool skull / skeleton design.
I have not yet figured out how to attach / embed photos as this is my first post.
Old 04-17-20, 10:05 PM
th3realmckay

Originally Posted by jimmyodonnell
I have a 2018 Langster street build, it's my only bike and I use it for typical road rides for fitness (and a little speed along the way).

I've added a new wheel set bought from Velomine . . . H Plus Son hard anodized Archetype rims, 32 spoke with Phil Wood hi-flange track hubs, and Conti 5000 clinchers.
This is a big upgrade from the Axis sport wheels and Espoir tires that were stock on this bike. No gripes about the stock wheels, I just want something that rolls a little smoother as I increase my distances.

On a separate tip, I've added 2 x Assos Evo bib shorts (which are great for me with their shorter-than-usual inseam), and a water bottle from Assos with a cool skull / skeleton design.
I have not yet figured out how to attach / embed photos as this is my first post.
Looks like they won't let you post photos until you've contributed to the forums at least 10 times. I've been wanting to post photos of all the upgrades to my ride since the quarantine. I have been considering buying some bib shorts for longer rides, but really can't justify forking out the cash.
Likes For th3realmckay:
Old 04-18-20, 10:39 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Originally Posted by th3realmckay
Looks like they won't let you post photos until you've contributed to the forums at least 10 times. I've been wanting to post photos of all the upgrades to my ride since the quarantine. I have been considering buying some bib shorts for longer rides, but really can't justify forking out the cash.
If you are just here to post some pictures and leave, bye Felicia. If you are looking to be a member of this forum, great take a look around and respond to others, post interesting questions that haven't been previously asked take a look around and you will find getting to ten posts is super easy and will be done quickly and you will probably forget how many posts you have made. There is a lot of great topics around and some great sub-forums.
Old 04-18-20, 11:24 AM
th3realmckay

If you are just here to post some pictures and leave, bye Felicia. If you are looking to be a member of this forum, great take a look around and respond to others, post interesting questions that haven't been previously asked take a look around and you will find getting to ten posts is super easy and will be done quickly and you will probably forget how many posts you have made. There is a lot of great topics around and some great sub-forums.
I've been coming to this forum for knowledge and advice for years. Just recently decided to contribute, now that I have more time on my hands. Thanks for the warm welcome.
Old 04-18-20, 02:38 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

I've been coming to this forum for knowledge and advice for years. Just recently decided to contribute, now that I have more time on my hands. Thanks for the warm welcome.
Awesome...good to hear. Hope you get to stick around, this is a fun place. I sort of did the same thing for a while and glad I joined.
Old 04-18-20, 03:25 PM
th3realmckay

Awesome...good to hear. Hope you get to stick around, this is a fun place. I sort of did the same thing for a while and glad I joined.
Thanks! Can't wait to share my bike. I've been meaning to upgrade for a while and I'm happy with how its turning out.
Old 04-19-20, 06:21 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Thanks! Can't wait to share my bike. I've been meaning to upgrade for a while and I'm happy with how its turning out.
I know that feeling. Once you get that bike set it is awesome and then you want to change it again because something cool and new was discovered and it might be slightly better than what you got now. I did that with some brakes once ended up using both sets so it worked out but it was a silly upgrade but damn "they tie the room together"
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 04-19-20, 07:48 PM
th3realmckay

I know that feeling. Once you get that bike set it is awesome and then you want to change it again because something cool and new was discovered and it might be slightly better than what you got now. I did that with some brakes once ended up using both sets so it worked out but it was a silly upgrade but damn "they tie the room together"
I hear ya "Dude". I've got lots on the wishlist, but I'm gonna behave myself for a bit.
Likes For th3realmckay:
Old 04-20-20, 07:02 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

I hear ya "Dude". I've got lots on the wishlist, but I'm gonna behave myself for a bit.
You go it! My wishlist is at least $30k long and that is just a reasonable estimate not including going absolutely crazy. Luckily though much of that list is big dream stuff.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 04-20-20, 09:11 PM
phobus

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 31 Posts

I haven't ridden for more than 20 minutes at a time in forever. Only riding around the 'hood with the family or the dog. Riding Time ATACs in normal shoes is getting old.

Last edited by phobus; 04-21-20 at 10:09 AM.
Old 04-21-20, 08:26 AM
Senrab62 
It's the little things

Bikes: Too many, yet not enough

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked 326 Times in 147 Posts
Buy some bibs or padded shorts. They are worth it for me and anything over 10 or so miles. I prefer the padded shorts because I can use any pants I see fit, and can be more casual if I find something to explore while riding. I have varying quality from cheap to pricey, you will need to see if you like thinner or thicker pads. What type of riding do you do?
Old 04-21-20, 08:41 AM
th3realmckay

Originally Posted by Senrab62
Buy some bibs or padded shorts. They are worth it for me and anything over 10 or so miles. I prefer the padded shorts because I can use any pants I see fit, and can be more casual if I find something to explore while riding. I have varying quality from cheap to pricey, you will need to see if you like thinner or thicker pads. What type of riding do you do?
I'm kind of all over the place, really. My work schedule is wild, so I ride when I can. Usually between 5-20 miles almost daily. If I have time and I'm rested, I'll make a day out of a ride, but I haven't done more than 40 miles at a time. I found a pair or Oakley bibs on Amazon for like $65 so I think I'll give those a shot. Not sure at all what I'd be comfortable with. Thank you for the input!
Old 04-21-20, 10:16 AM
phobus

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 31 Posts
I'm kind of all over the place, really. My work schedule is wild, so I ride when I can. Usually between 5-20 miles almost daily. If I have time and I'm rested, I'll make a day out of a ride, but I haven't done more than 40 miles at a time. I found a pair or Oakley bibs on Amazon for like $65 so I think I'll give those a shot. Not sure at all what I'd be comfortable with. Thank you for the input!
I haven't used them myself, but these get some really good reviews. The basic model is $40.
Old 04-23-20, 08:40 PM
th3realmckay

Awesome! I'll definitely give them a shot. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 04-23-20, 09:06 PM
VS3

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Stem, handlebar end plugs, and pedals

Likes For VS3:
Old 04-26-20, 01:01 AM
Stronglight56
Rider since 74. New here.

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 8 Posts
Vintage Fenders

I bought some NOS Bluemel’s fenders sized to 27” wheels for a vintage Raleigh. They’re British racing green to match the bike and have the Herron logo on them.

I can’t post photos of them yet as I’ve not met the minimum post requirement for a newbie - but I’ll come back and do so in a day or two :-).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.