Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Bike tools: Pedro's vs. Park

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Bike tools: Pedro's vs. Park

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-20, 10:45 AM
elcraft
elcraft

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 103 Times in 72 Posts
Originally Posted by MudPie
One thing I like about Park is they sell replacement part for their goods. I recently bought a replacement pin for a chain tool and I need to get a replacement head for my floor pump. Everything works fine on the pump except the head doesn't fully seal and sometimes doesn't automatically switch between Presta and Shrader, and the replacement head cost $3.
I would have to agree on Park’s parts and customer service. I purchased a Park’s work stand from a “going out of business sale” for $60. The discount reflected that the main bolt that secures the clamp Had sheared off just below the threading. I sent them an email about paying for a replacement bolt; they just shipped it at no charge.
At this point in my “tool acquisitions”, I find that I must make of modify tools for special circumstances. Anyone who has dealt w/ adjusting Huret derailleur pulleys will know that most cone wrenches aren’t thin enough to be useful and are just a tad too large at the opening. Using a grinding wheel to thin out the wrench and carefully open up an originally smaller size makes for a perfect fit. I found myself making the famed HF cotter press as well.