Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Northeast
Reload this Page >

Bronx River Bike Sunday extended

Notices
Northeast Connecticut | Maine | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York |Rhode Island | Vermont |

Old 06-05-20, 05:25 PM
Jarrettsin

Bikes: 2016 Trek FX7.4

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts

Check it out Bike Sunday on the Bronx River in Westchester will be extended in July and August.

Bike Sunday Extended
Old 06-08-20, 04:39 AM
cycleheimer

Bikes: '02 Litespeed, '99 Bianchi Alfana. '91 Fuji Saratoga, '84 Peugeot Canyon Express, '82 Moto GR, '81 Fuji America, '81 Fuji Royale; '78 Bridgestone Diamond Touring, '76 Fuji America, plus many more!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked 222 Times in 126 Posts
This is one of the most popular events in Westchester County. Given the incredible number of people who turn out for it, extending it through the summer months is a smart move. Extend your ride with the Bronx River Bike Path (which goes from Palmer Road near Lawrence Hospital north to the Kensico Dam Plaza), and the North and South County trails. Plenty of other rides in the county that take you to parks along the shores of the Long Island Sound and Hudson River. You can also ride north on RT 22 to Bedford then wind your way over to Ward Pondridge Reservation in Cross River. Got a bike? Get out and ride it!
Old 06-08-20, 05:25 PM
UniChris

Bikes: 36" Unicycle, winter knock-around hybrid bike

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked 393 Times in 282 Posts
It may be worth keeping in mind that a possible reason it hasn't usually run through peak summer before is that it gets quite hot out there in the sun on the wide clearing that is the parkway. Bring plenty of water, the freebie giveaways are barely a taste.

The "da brim" things may look dorky but aren't out of place for something like this, especially for those going at a relaxed pace. I found I enjoyed the event most on cloudy days, when it was sunny I preferred the shade of a ride on the trailway.