Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

So, there are Zwift-bots, right?

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

So, there are Zwift-bots, right?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-20, 06:51 PM
Thomas15
I think I know nothing.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked 290 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by robertorolfo
As I said, there is money to be made by cheating. And of course there are those that simply want to "unlock" things without actually putting in the effort.

And virtual laps of Central Park?! It must be nice without all the tourists, joggers, pedestrians, dog walkers and horse poop to dodge...

You guys sound like true gamers, losing interest once the grind is complete. That's definitely not meant as an insult, it's just interesting to see how much of the gaming aspect comes into play. And that, of course, brings us back to cheating.
I would not call myself a true gamer. However I don't mind the structure and format of Zwift. I personally find riding an indoor exercise maximus boring. This week I have started a slow transition to the outdoors. So a little less Zwift and a bit more IRL.

Central Park, tourists and so forth.... I have family that live in the Bronx and Staten Island. No possible way this semi-gamer would ever live in NYC, much less ride a bicycle there. I'm 90 miles directly west of NYC and that is as close to the place as I like to get. I have two road loops I can ride from my house where I will see maybe a car or two. One is 5 miles long the other is 8 miles. 8-10% hill grades and lots O' fresh air. The 150 mile long D&L Trail (and the Lehigh River) runs through my township, the Appalachian Trail is 10 miles south of here,
Likes For Thomas15:
Old 04-12-20, 11:00 AM
robertorolfo

Bikes: 82 Lotus Unique, 86 Lotus Legend, 88 Basso Loto, 88 Basso PR, 89 Basso PR, 96 Bianchi CDI, 2013 Deda Aegis, 2019 Basso Diamante SV

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 172 Times in 113 Posts
Originally Posted by sdmc530
I cant see myself doing some cheating or whatever just for something different though. I guess I am not wired that way. I just like it to keep me engaged and riding on.
I guess I like to earn what I am getting
You and I, and probably most of the people on BF, aren't wired that way. I know exactly what you mean. It's baffling to me as well (as I mentioned, I don't even gut maximum fulfillment from real life sporting events where an opponent doesn't present a real challenge). But that's us. Unfortunately the world is full of people that don't think that way, and the gaming world seems to attract a particularly high percentage of those people.

Originally Posted by Thomas15
Central Park, tourists and so forth.... I have family that live in the Bronx and Staten Island. No possible way this semi-gamer would ever live in NYC, much less ride a bicycle there. I'm 90 miles directly west of NYC and that is as close to the place as I like to get. I have two road loops I can ride from my house where I will see maybe a car or two. One is 5 miles long the other is 8 miles. 8-10% hill grades and lots O' fresh air. The 150 mile long D&L Trail (and the Lehigh River) runs through my township, the Appalachian Trail is 10 miles south of here,
I see where you are coming from, and I was skeptical at first as well, but the riding really isn't too bad here. Some of the bike paths and streets are quieter than others, and Central Park isn't too bad at certain hours. And one positive is lots of "competition" to help push you sometimes.
Old 04-13-20, 02:58 AM
N00b_Cyclist
Destroyer of Worlds

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR "Molten Marble"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 42 Posts
I race from time to time on Zwift. Not good mind you..."n00b" is in my name for a reason. But I do it...so I'm in D cat. But I always get people beating me at 4+w/kg in the D cat. Luckily, I also see them getting booted off the list later. I did a race a week or so ago where a guy beat me in the D cat doing 4.2w/kg average. I don't understand...makes my brain hurt. Needless to say, just checked today and it was updated and that guy along with a few others were dq'd and I ended up with gold, when I wasn't even a podium finish after the race. Cheers, I'll take it! My guess is that it's taking ZwiftPower a bit longer right now to review these races and the data as well, with the influx of riders entering.
Likes For N00b_Cyclist:
Old 04-13-20, 05:54 AM
atwl77
Kamen Rider

Bikes: Fuji Transonic Elite, Marechal Soul Ultimate, Dahon Dash Altena

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked 277 Times in 164 Posts
Originally Posted by N00b_Cyclist
My guess is that it's taking ZwiftPower a bit longer right now to review these races and the data as well, with the influx of riders entering.
It definitely looks like the servers are being heavily loaded. Used to be after a race I could see results, along with all the usual stats (20m power, 5m power, etc) immediately. Now, sometimes it takes awhile before all that data is populated.
Likes For atwl77:
Old 04-13-20, 10:49 AM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4731 Post(s)
Liked 1,531 Times in 1,002 Posts
Spend money on bot-enhanced profiles; spend money on aero bikes and deep profile rims, spend money on an F1 racecar, spend money on a fore-caddy who finds the golf balls you hit in the woods, spend money on a personal trainer, spend money on sherpas to climb everest, spend money on an e-bike, etc..