Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Advocacy & Safety
Reload this Page >

Driver with powerful ties calls state rep instead of 911 after 'hit and run' crash

Notices
Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

Driver with powerful ties calls state rep instead of 911 after 'hit and run' crash

Old 03-06-20, 09:29 AM
Notso_fastLane

Bikes: 2011 Bent TW Elegance 2014 Carbon Strada Velomobile

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked 306 Times in 188 Posts
Good deal. Thanks for the update.

Let's hope the state rep doesn't use his 'influence' on the DA and try to get this downplayed. It will be hard now that it's made the news.
Old 03-06-20, 03:46 PM
AndrewJB

Bikes: FUJI Transonic 2.3, Motobecane LeChampion TI SL

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 7 Posts
The GA state rep, Trey Kelly, is the Majority Whip, basically the #2 guy behind the Speaker of the House. The Speaker, David Ralston, is a poster child for the "good-ole-boy" network. He has not had one thing to say about the entire incident. Maybe it is just my skeptical nature, but you can guess the DA has had "a conversation" with somebody already. Just listen to the way the DA danced around the reporter's questions...

Last edited by AndrewJB; 03-09-20 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-08-20, 12:19 PM
whitecat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by genec View Post
True... the entitled motoris mentality DOES tend to be dominant. How many times have you heard "Get off the road, the roads are for cars..."

So the last news I saw on this indicated an "investigation..." Wonder how that's going.
I always yell back; "Do you want me to get in my car and get back to discuss?" Never got a reply so far, but if need be I can get in my car and educate those a holes.
Old 03-08-20, 12:21 PM
whitecat

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Also, regarding the original post, if somebody did that to me while riding, I wouldnt be very concerned about the legal proceedings, because my relatives would find him and run him over for sure.
Likes For whitecat:
Old 03-10-20, 03:31 PM
Chistophe516

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Allez

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Grrrrrrr!!!!!