Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Giant FCR1 bike

Old 04-10-20, 06:00 AM
The Big Wheel
Oooooooofffff SALESMAN!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Giant FCR1 bike

What do you guys think of the Giant FCR 1 bike? I currently ride on a TREK FX1 but found a FCR1 for sale locally for $180. I'm thinking of picking one up as a sort of beater bike to use in the winter. There's not much out there as reviews go because it's an older bike, but it seems to be light weight, under 30 pounds? I would appreciate any advice on this bike and what do you think is the max price it's worth?
Old 04-10-20, 11:12 AM
Ironfish653

Bikes: 1997 Cannondale, 1976 Bridgestone, 1998 Softride

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked 95 Times in 69 Posts
It looks like a mid-level flat-bar hybrid. Pretty much the Toyota Camry to your TREK's Honda Accord.

Got a picture? CL / Marketplace link?
Old 04-10-20, 11:28 AM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Quoted: 5765 Post(s)
Liked 405 Times in 268 Posts
Ummm .... price would depend upon year, condition, model, and market.

Does it fit you?

What shape is it in? How beat up is it? What new parts does it need? Does everything work? How old are cables, brake pads, tires? Has the owner kept it cleaned and lubed?

Looks like solid flat-bar road bike---good beater bike so long as you don't get snow---In General. The specific one you are looking at----who knows?

If it s a ten-twelve year-old bike for $180 ..... for $400 you can get this new. http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...alaxy_tour.htm